Wildlife Mystery

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the feeling 

You dont know this terrier mate....the only thing he wants to bite is the wife and the only thing that wants to bite him is me.....retarded little prick i cant stand him but he,s becoming part of the

My gaff is in a quiet country lane so its not unusual to see wildlife up and down the lane but last night i pulled up with the dog in the motor at about midnight to see 2 Muntjac,3 Roe,a badger and a

Posted Images

22 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Not especially i dont think.... why whats that like a scent being blown around or something ?....as a say its not a surprise they was there,just all together like a little social meeting kind of thing.

I think it’s just a case of the sheer numbers of those things that are about mate, cover is dropping, things are venturing further afield as the year draws down.

Round you way is alive with deer, and foxes and badger are at epedemic proportions in and around London.

I don’t think it’s anything in particular myself 

On 31/10/2020 at 10:22, Astanley said:

I owned a Plummer ,the worst three years of my life ,absolutely hated the fuking thing .

Had oneand hated it never met such a cwardly animal. 

Maybe the deer coming into any roadsalt in the area ?

On 30/10/2020 at 14:11, gnasher16 said:

My gaff is in a quiet country lane so its not unusual to see wildlife up and down the lane but last night i pulled up with the dog in the motor at about midnight to see 2 Muntjac,3 Roe,a badger and a fox all within about 20 feet of each other all just stood looking at my car even when i got out....i let the dog out and he flew around like a lunatic and they all scarpered.....i half expected them to pull shooters on me its like id just interrupted a drug deal or something.....i had a good look round and theres nothing laying about so what the f**k can that all of been about its been bugging me ?.... piqued my countryside curiosity kind of thing.

Thats more than see on a nights lamping 

• Haha 2

I thought all the wise folk on here would give me a perfectly logical explanation but im actually starting to second guess myself now ?

A few times ive been out and stood in the exact same place and asked myself did i really see who and what i thought and .....f**k it i did, what can i say !!....the only slight exaggeration possibly was the distance,maybe it wasnt exactly 20 feet but they was definitely all within sight of each other.

Edited by gnasher16
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I thought all the wise folk on here would give me a perfectly logical explanation but im actually starting to second guess myself now ?

A few times ive been out and stood in the exact same place and asked myself did i really see who and what i thought and .....f**k it i did, what can i say !!....the only slight exaggeration possibly was the distance,maybe it wasnt exactly 20 feet but they was definitely all within sight of each other.

Get a trail cam out might be a nightly thing, most animals have routines and habits also at this time of year food is now getting scarce so look at things like fruit trees dropping the last of there fruit or even some fungi that may be out and attractive ?

7 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Maybe a water sauce nearby? Interesting none the less would the deer regard a badger and a fox as a threat?

Won’t allow me to put the video up, but a deer and badger encounter I filmed a while back, the young deer has a sniff at the badger and the badger gives him a quick FRO then the deer departs, but I’d say more curiosity than any real animosity between them ?

58AB3993-62AE-4B95-81A6-4B2811EC341B.jpeg

25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Animals are always curious of what other animals are upto mate, especially this time of year when they are really trying to pack on the fat for the lean months ahead.

Its nice to see, rare to see even but I don’t think it’s anything particularly strange or unusual ?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Animals do use the same path ways through fields,woods and even open land just as we pick naturaly and without thinking about it the easiest path through or across somewhere so do the animals so it isn't uncommon to see small groups of them together as such.A few weeks back a local farmer ask me to remove some of the far to many roe on his land,well infact he ask me to clear the fecking lot of them but laws and all that mean i cannot, but i was sat with a chap waiting for a buck to show and there was a pair of foxes,4 roe hinds,3 calf followers and 2 hares all sat together within 50 foot of each other and without worry for each other. You could put some peanuts about and wait as i'm sure they all be be passing by again and you might get them held there so you can have a watch and there's nothing like learning from the animals themselves than from books or forums Gnasher..

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Get a trail cam out might be a nightly thing, most animals have routines and habits also at this time of year food is now getting scarce so look at things like fruit trees dropping the last of there fruit or even some fungi that may be out and attractive ?

Ive had trail cams on just about every tree in Epping Forest over the last few years thats how i know like Wilf says its not unusual to see them.....it was just a bit of a mad scene that threw me a bit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Maybe a water sauce nearby? Interesting none the less would the deer regard a badger and a fox as a threat?

No natural sources but we've got a big old water fountain thing running thats not visible from the lane but probably audible to animals....but its been there for years.