What mag scope?

Just wondering what mag scopes do you lads use on your air rifles. 

I bought myself a cheapish pcp to take a few ferals out from in the outhouses on my perm. 

It came with a scope but it's pants tbh. 

I always tend to buy hawke scope and have them on all my rifles (22lr, 17hmr & 308) all with different mag depending on the calibre 

Do you lads tend to use a higher mag on your rifles for better shot placement accuracy? The few ferals I've taken have been at around 25 metres using a 3x9x44 and tbh it was a struggle getting a head shot. 

Don't usually post in this section so any advice would be great??

1 minute ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve got a 2-7x32 on my hw100 .177 and it’s seems enough to me. 3-9x50 on rapid .22, 1.5-5x20 on my Brocock contour .22 and 5-20x 50 on fx impact .22 fac. Similar on my gas ram and spring rifles. All seem fine for what I need?

All low mags really? I was thinking more along the lines of 3x15x50 or 6x24x50?, just so I can get the head shot more easily ?

Always seems when I've seen certain vids they all have big scope? 

8 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

On my .177 pcp I have hawke 3-9X56

I know everyone will say its over kill but it came with rifle & things fall over when I pull the trigger. 90% of time its set to x7 

Im use to a bigger objective lens all my other scopes are 50, the scope that came with the air rifle is only 44 (I'll have to double check). 

I've been thinking most air rifle shooters like high mag but so far I've been wrong. 

What distance are you shooting at Ben? 

18 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

I got an Hawke Airmax SR12 that's 6-18x44 on me  AA S410 and always keep it on 6. Head shots on pigeons at 30 yards no probs.

I always have my scopes wound right to the max on taking a shot, but I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I've got my eye on a hawke 4x16x50 and the price is reasonable. 

46 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Im use to a bigger objective lens all my other scopes are 50, the scope that came with the air rifle is only 44 (I'll have to double check). 

I've been thinking most air rifle shooters like high mag but so far I've been wrong. 

What distance are you shooting at Ben? 

Anywhere between 15 yds on squirrel feeder to 30yd rabbits & magpies. In the head = always dead. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

I always have my scopes wound right to the max on taking a shot, but I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I've got my eye on a hawke 4x16x50 and the price is reasonable. 

Check out 'Optics warehouse'. They have some good deals and seem cheaper than else where.    https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/optics

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Check out 'Optics warehouse'. They have some good deals and seem cheaper than else where.    https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/optics

You can sign up to their weekly ex demo mailing list. Every Friday I get mail from them some absolute cracking deals sometimes, all because its been used in their shop! 

• Like 1

I put one of these on my last 2 airguns. Very simple, basic and cheap I know. I used to hate richter scopes but I love these. 

Really clear, really fine mil dot reticule, always held zero on my 95 and PCP. Plenty enough for sub 12. When I get another airgun ill get one of these. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351865690208

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Cheers fellas, I'm having a run up to my usual RFD Saturday, to take a look at some scopes he has, there's a hawke 4x16x50 I like the look of and it's under £100 brand new?? I'll keep you posted. 

Should be fine with that?

• Like 1