How many packs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get up North mate.. I'll put you up when we're safe to do so.. Bring your lurcher.. poke about around sherwood forest.. Then up to gods country.    

let december hit and i can sort a day or two with a foor pack if you fancy mate. Not the best in the world but we hunt some lovely country and have a good craic atb

Holcombe was my first ever hound meet, aged 17, what a load of stuck up cnuts ? Between 19 and 25 I went at least once to all the Fell packs at the time and have now been out with all but one Cor

Posted Images

Holcombe was my first ever hound meet, aged 17, what a load of stuck up cnuts ?

Between 19 and 25 I went at least once to all the Fell packs at the time and have now been out with all but one Cornish packs and 5 Devon ones

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Holcombe, pennine, blencathra, Coniston, ullswater, lunesdale, Cheshire forest, Wynnstay, Llanarmon, newforest, Dulverton farmers, Dulverton West, exmoor, dartmoor+Spooners, cheldon buckhounds, Devon and Somerset staghounds, Tiverton staghounds, quantock staghounds, newforest beagles, Cumbria beagles, East lincs bassets, Holme Valley beagles, bleasdale beagles, braes of Derwent (South Dorset Country), South Dorset, Cheshire beagles, border counties mink hounds, Northern counties mink hounds, Courtney Tracy mink hounds, Northants mink hounds, Galway blazers, North Galway, North Lonsdale, Southwold, Albrighton and woodland, rockwood harriers, quorn, south Devon, Culmstock mink hounds, cumbrian farmers, Derwent, Burton, Cheshire foxhounds. 

Dw some pack ? cb some awesome music 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Dw some pack ? cb some awesome music 

First time I heard the cbh hunting towards me in a deep valley I actually asked some bloke what that noise was....he looked at me like I was stupid. It sounded like a river roaring over a waterfall in flood. 25 couple all up together in a steep sided valley. I'd go as far as to say one of the best packs I've seen hunting at times. Considering it's amateur and 1 day a week I rate em highly. 

Nearly died on a horse out with DW. Horse galloping down a steep valley side to catch its stable mate up and I just couldn't stop it, almost vertical at full tilt. Smart fast pack though especially on the moor days. DF a very work man like pack as well. Always plenty of whisky at the meet. Once met at a farm farmed by two brothers, one farmed one side and one the other but didn't speak to each other, they had a meet on one side, hunted, then had another meet for the other brother before hunting his side. 

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Holcombe was my first ever hound meet, aged 17, what a load of stuck up cnuts ?

Between 19 and 25 I went at least once to all the Fell packs at the time and have now been out with all but one Cornish packs and 5 Devon ones

Cheers, D.

Problem with the Lancashire harriers is most mounted followers  arnt hunting people so it's wrong to judge that pack just by a few nobs on horses, meet the footfollowers and hunt staff, farmers and keepers. The people on horses just pay a few of the bills. But yes I actually had a letter read out 2 years ago at the hunt members meeting bollocking them all for their attitude to people on the roads, expected a bit of a grumpy reception last time I went but most hadn't taken it to hard ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

First time I heard the cbh hunting towards me in a deep valley I actually asked some bloke what that noise was....he looked at me like I was stupid. It sounded like a river roaring over a waterfall in flood. 25 couple all up together in a steep sided valley. I'd go as far as to say one of the best packs I've seen hunting at times. Considering it's amateur and 1 day a week I rate em highly. 

Nearly died on a horse out with DW. Horse galloping down a steep valley side to catch its stable mate up and I just couldn't stop it, almost vertical at full tilt. Smart fast pack though especially on the moor days. DF a very work man like pack as well. Always plenty of whisky at the meet. Once met at a farm farmed by two brothers, one farmed one side and one the other but didn't speak to each other, they had a meet on one side, hunted, then had another meet for the other brother before hunting his side. 

Yeah they won’t half go when they want to! Had a day with df last season. Like you say plenty of whiskey ? and a lot more laid back the dw 

19 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Problem with the Lancashire harriers is most mounted followers  arnt hunting people so it's wrong to judge that pack just by a few nobs on horses, meet the footfollowers and hunt staff, farmers and keepers. The people on horses just pay a few of the bills. But yes I actually had a letter read out 2 years ago at the hunt members meeting bollocking them all for their attitude to people on the roads, expected a bit of a grumpy reception last time I went but most hadn't taken it to hard ?

Thinking back I was probably just a kid who knew it all although I always had respect (?) also, but with age comes wisdom grasshopper lol

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1