Belgian malinos or Dutch herding xs

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

He's a fit looking animal him blacky, aint he?! ?

The 34 bull Cross can be skilliant but tend 2 sometimes have poor stamina ,tho a lad on here has a bitch bred that way ish that has loads ,sadly it's owner has terrible wind ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mali damn x coursing type dog Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

Mail/bull/grey 12 week old... dam, 1st X mali/grey sire, 3/4 bull/grey  

I think theres about 1/4 in mine and you can tell because of her temperament. She has got a good guarding instinct about her. Just coming out of her shell, really just a pup still at about 18 months o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

The 34 bull Cross can be skilliant but tend 2 sometimes have poor stamina ,tho a lad on here has a bitch bred that way ish that has loads ,sadly it's owner has terrible wind ?

I think you probably do be right. ?

I rehomed a straight Mali bitch few year ago. Went to look at it and the conditions it was in were an absolute disgrace. As I got out the car the bloke shouted out the top window don’t come through the gate!!! I immediately thought in my head get back in the car and drive off. Anyway I went in and met the bitch and found her a very insecure nervous scatty animal in a minging tiny house . I felt so sorry for it I took it home.  For a good while it was terrified of me , but sound around the wife.  Slowly built a bond and trust with it over time . Got it walking properly on the lead , then walking to heal, got a good recall established. Got it to stop wanting to chase cars. All pretty quickly to be honest and was actually quite stunned at just how bright and intelligent it was. Big thing for me with this particular bitch was if I ever tried to check her forcefully she would look me straight in the eyes and do a little growl.  Found that massively praising and rewarding good behaviour rather than bollocking her for bad behaviour was the way to go for sure. Was a massive learning experience for me as iv never come across a dog like  her before or since. They are just a totally different kettle of fish in my opinion, and should only be with really competent dog people and preferably working all day everyday. As time went on my wife became pregnant and I quickly realised that I wouldn't have the same time to put into her and a couple of one hour walks a day and a weekend out an about was not Gona be enough for her, an she would quickly become destructive and go backwards. So in the end I found a home for her with a retired guy who does dog agility where she is now and doing well. I would defo think hard before taking the plunge with one unless you have a lot of time and work for one.  Can totally see how these can be exceptional working animals in the right hands and circumstances. Anyway  I’m no expert on them by any means , but that’s the experience I had with one, an Id except that this was a damaged dog with a bad past and having a dog from a pup would be abit different.  Atb ??

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, AndyD89 said:

I rehomed a straight Mali bitch few year ago. Went to look at it and the conditions it was in were an absolute disgrace. As I got out the car the bloke shouted out the top window don’t come through the gate!!! I immediately thought in my head get back in the car and drive off. Anyway I went in and met the bitch and found her a very insecure nervous scatty animal in a minging tiny house . I felt so sorry for it I took it home.  For a good while it was terrified of me , but sound around the wife.  Slowly built a bond and trust with it over time . Got it walking properly on the lead , then walking to heal, got a good recall established. Got it to stop wanting to chase cars. All pretty quickly to be honest and was actually quite stunned at just how bright and intelligent it was. Big thing for me with this particular bitch was if I ever tried to check her forcefully she would look me straight in the eyes and do a little growl.  Found that massively praising and rewarding good behaviour rather than bollocking her for bad behaviour was the way to go for sure. Was a massive learning experience for me as iv never come across a dog like  her before or since. They are just a totally different kettle of fish in my opinion, and should only be with really competent dog people and preferably working all day everyday. As time went on my wife became pregnant and I quickly realised that I wouldn't have the same time to put into her and a couple of one hour walks a day and a weekend out an about was not Gona be enough for her, an she would quickly become destructive and go backwards. So in the end I found a home for her with a retired guy who does dog agility where she is now and doing well. I would defo think hard before taking the plunge with one unless you have a lot of time and work for one.  Can totally see how these can be exceptional working animals in the right hands and circumstances. Anyway  I’m no expert on them by any means , but that’s the experience I had with one, an Id except that this was a damaged dog with a bad past and having a dog from a pup would be abit different.  Atb ??

Good, honest post mate. ?