Belgian malinos or Dutch herding xs

Top one is my bitch out of these 2, sandy dog is the sire and brindle bitch was the dam.

The sire has shepherd in the breeding, not sure what though, Belgian or dutch?

My bitch is coming on nicely,  she's still only young, no rush, let her find out in her own time....

?

• Like 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mali damn x coursing type dog Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

Mail/bull/grey 12 week old... dam, 1st X mali/grey sire, 3/4 bull/grey  

I think theres about 1/4 in mine and you can tell because of her temperament. She has got a good guarding instinct about her. Just coming out of her shell, really just a pup still at about 18 months o

Posted Images

Theres a woman at my racing club imported a first cross malli/whippet from the states..she does agility/flyball with it...As soon as you clap eyes on it the breeding obvious,nice looking thing,like a heavier boned whippet..Its very focused on its owner,but never looks settled around her...speed wise it's ok,but nowt to shout about...I dont doubt it would do well as a ferreting/mouching dog...but personally I wouldnt want one...no off switch and tbh a bit of a spooky fecker... 

I think theres about 1/4 in mine and you can tell because of her temperament. She has got a good guarding instinct about her. Just coming out of her shell, really just a pup still at about 18 months old. I think she will make a sound hound, just alot slower than my old lurcher bitch who was switched on from 7 months old! 

?

20201029_102510.jpg

Edited by jpt
  • Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2020 at 13:15, Daniel cain said:

They seemed all the rage a few seasons ago... But all gone quiet... Loads all over Instagram?

Same as the pure mali's and herders.Everyone who did a bit of security or pp traing thought they needed one untill they got one and had to live with the wired up cranky f***ing things.Its all very well watching youtube vids of them flying through the air going through different scenario's but you aint gunna get one to that standard with a few hours training each week.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, toolebox said:

I've only viewed the breed via utube but they are a very impressive breed ,I'd like to see a straight cross with a greyhound or whippet working on rabbits .

Very impressive in the right hands.People need to realise they're not just born doing all the shit you see on Youtube.People dont seem to realise the ammount and type of training involved to get them dogs to knvp standard rather than just being a hyperactive,destructive headcase thats gunna end up giving you a nervous breakdown if you dont kill it first.Personally I think a good collie cross or german Shepherd cross will do anything one of them will do as a lurcher 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

During the period I kept pig dogs ,I had a bull lab greyhound mix ,who id bred and who came back to my kennels when he was 4 years old. The lad that had him said while his sister and boyfriend were mucking about throwing a stick for Tyson he leaped up the grabbed the BF arm.Tyson was a big very strong  dog who was more than happy to take on the biggest of boars  but i didn't trust him around strangers, more of a feeling in my gut .I was always on edge when I met anyone while hunting on the hill ,my first move was always to recall the dog and tie him up, Tyson would stare at the person and give a low growl ,it wasn't the growl that caught my attention but rather the look he gave ,that told me that he was very serious ,always grown men ,never a woman or child . I used to run him wearing a shock collar ,but when he reached the end of his working life I was glad,it was like walking around with a loaded gun and felt very relieved when he passed over without doing any damage to anybody .I'd never keep another dog like that,you can't relax even for a second so I hear ya .

• Like 3
5 hours ago, toolebox said:

During the period I kept pig dogs ,I had a bull lab greyhound mix ,who id bred and who came back to my kennels when he was 4 years old. The lad that had him said while his sister and boyfriend were mucking about throwing a stick for Tyson he leaped up the grabbed the BF arm.Tyson was a big very strong  dog who was more than happy to take on the biggest of boars  but i didn't trust him around strangers, more of a feeling in my gut .I was always on edge when I met anyone while hunting on the hill ,my first move was always to recall the dog and tie him up, Tyson would stare at the person and give a low growl ,it wasn't the growl that caught my attention but rather the look he gave ,that told me that he was very serious ,always grown men ,never a woman or child . I used to run him wearing a shock collar ,but when he reached the end of his working life I was glad,it was like walking around with a loaded gun and felt very relieved when he passed over without doing any damage to anybody .I'd never keep another dog like that,you can't relax even for a second so I hear ya .

I  knew a keeper who had a labx gsd as guard dog, this was very nasty dog bite no prob, I heard that this type x was  alot like that.  And quite few labs have sharp temps, deff with other dogs  some with people, alot were blacl Labs, maybe it certain lines that are bad temps? think of the 3 breeds, Dutch shepard, bel mal. Gsd the gsd be more stable temp, then the Dutch, I did read that some Dutch shepard s had apbt in them, think these were PP dogs. 

• 5 months later...
On 26/10/2020 at 20:38, jukel123 said:

Why reinvent the wheel bud?  Rays Buck is as good a cross of that kind as you're going to get in my opinion. Its a proven cross that does the business on all prey. What's to improve?

As far as the Mal cross, all you are getting in my opinion is a collie cross. You could easily train a border collie to rag a sleeve and jump about like a super canine athlete. The problem is they are hyper, making them a pain in the ass to kennel. And generally to have around. You don't get that kind of a headache with a GSD cross.jmho.

That’s down to the trainer/owner not the dog.

I rate the Mali a lot, but can see where those comments could come from.

However, depends what you want from them, as an out an out rabbit dog forget it, they don’t have the pace so need a lot of x blood to pick that bit up.