Belgian malinos or Dutch herding xs

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

They seemed all the rage a few seasons ago... But all gone quiet... Loads all over Instagram?

Bit of a novelty x be nice to find out if they trained up well an what there weak points an were they any good as a all round cross that would get stuck in. Not on Instagram mate I still live in the dark ages ? the hunting life is as far as I stretch with media 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mali damn x coursing type dog Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

Mail/bull/grey 12 week old... dam, 1st X mali/grey sire, 3/4 bull/grey  

I think theres about 1/4 in mine and you can tell because of her temperament. She has got a good guarding instinct about her. Just coming out of her shell, really just a pup still at about 18 months o

Posted Images

4 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Mali damn x coursing type dog

Screenshot_20201026-145513_WhatsApp.jpg.e6f9ab33a6c67e9301dbf0081deac7c4.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-145450_WhatsApp.jpg.aadad7408131de21e4c6239754de803e.jpg

Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

Had the exact same damage to a 3/4  greyhound/deerhound pup I had about 7/8 years ago.

Nice looking dog. Was that one of billhardy's litter?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Mali damn x coursing type dog

Screenshot_20201026-145513_WhatsApp.jpg.e6f9ab33a6c67e9301dbf0081deac7c4.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-145450_WhatsApp.jpg.aadad7408131de21e4c6239754de803e.jpg

Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

That’s a shame mate looked a nice animal 

8 hours ago, poxon said:

Was it a general rabbiter or used for anything 

It could catch rabbits but nought spesh at all and failed on its main quarry deer this was well before any ban and was to slow if my memory is correct I think it was slow on rabbits to

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

If I went down that route again I would like to try a Dutch herder x

Why reinvent the wheel bud?  Rays Buck is as good a cross of that kind as you're going to get in my opinion. Its a proven cross that does the business on all prey. What's to improve?

As far as the Mal cross, all you are getting in my opinion is a collie cross. You could easily train a border collie to rag a sleeve and jump about like a super canine athlete. The problem is they are hyper, making them a pain in the ass to kennel. And generally to have around. You don't get that kind of a headache with a GSD cross.jmho.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Why reinvent the wheel bud?  Rays Buck is as good a cross of that kind as you're going to get in my opinion.

Rays buck is a decent animal mate I’ve seen him and another cracking one in action. I like to try these things out if/when I get the opportunity and the timing is right.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Why reinvent the wheel bud?  Rays Buck is as good a cross of that kind as you're going to get in my opinion. Its a proven cross that does the business on all prey. What's to improve?

As far as the Mal cross, all you are getting in my opinion is a collie cross. You could easily train a border collie to rag a sleeve and jump about like a super canine athlete. The problem is they are hyper, making them a pain in the ass to kennel. And generally to have around. You don't get that kind of a headache with a GSD cross.jmho.

has that big buck dog covered any bitches you no mate?