Belgian malinos or Dutch herding xs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mali damn x coursing type dog Didnt have a great deal of pace. Chipped his tibia cress possibly damaged his Crucis ligament went to a pet home. I wouldn't have another bred that way.

Mail/bull/grey 12 week old... dam, 1st X mali/grey sire, 3/4 bull/grey  

I think theres about 1/4 in mine and you can tell because of her temperament. She has got a good guarding instinct about her. Just coming out of her shell, really just a pup still at about 18 months o

Posted Images

Bumped into someone local the other day. They had a Mali x. Said They thought it was Mali to a straight deerhound. I would have thought Mali x deer grey. Stood about 26tts. Cracking looking dog and a shame it’s just a pet. It certainly looked the business and I would def try something similar. Never seen either cross work but as said there’s good and bad in every breed. 

Edited by white van man
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, white van man said:

Bumped into someone local the other day. They had a Mali x. Said They thought it was Mali to a straight deerhound. I would have thought Mali x deer grey. Stood about 26tts. Cracking looking dog and a shame it’s just a pet. It certainly looked the business and I would def try something similar. Never seen either cross work but as said there’s good and bad in every breed. 

Sounds a handy cross 

24 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

Seen one work for a few seasons never made the grade good and bad in all crosses mind going off that I'd think twice.but I bet there are good ones out there

Was it a general rabbiter or used for anything 

well we all know who did breed a litter of bel mal x lurchers , and he not on here to talk about this type x , postie on here had one of his pups back then, and he happy enough with it , he does lot of ferrting  . i n my mind they carnt be no worse than a feckin collie x lurcher , both breeds are clever, good coats/feet , good stamina , not bad pace , and the bel  mal would have more grit about them than a collie.Regards the dutch shepherd  from what ive read they have simlar temps to the bel mal , think the dutch bit more of a solid  type dog , and both make great guards same as a collie,  i suppose  really  both breeds are like a smaller type gsd , but diffrent mind set to a gsd , the gsd more docile . 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, bird said:

well we all know who did breed a litter of bel mal x lurchers , and he not on here to talk about this type x , postie on here had one of his pups back then, and he happy enough with it , he does lot of ferrting  . i n my mind they carnt be no worse than a feckin collie x lurcher , both breeds are clever, good coats/feet , good stamina , not bad pace , and the bel  mal would have more grit about them than a collie.Regards the dutch shepherd  from what ive read they have simlar temps to the bel mal , think the dutch bit more of a solid  type dog , and both make great guards same as a collie,  i suppose  really  both breeds are like a smaller type gsd , but diffrent mind set to a gsd , the gsd more docile . 

Good old bill miss reading his stuff he posted on here bird he did get the piss taken out of him abit his spelling was so shocking but I could still understand what he was getting at im no spelling police my spellings not much better bill spelt how he pronounced stuff what I could gather ?. Some day I’m going to want to try another cross out probably something to run aside the collie beddy cross type I keep I think a Mali or Dutch could be a good serviceable x I’m thinking in the distant future but thinking something a bit different more of a novelty as mal greyhound or Dutch greyhound are not a common cross i really want a straight Mali at some point in life I’ve wanted another gsd since I was a kid but with how they gone I think a Mali or Dutch would be a safer option but to be honest I’ve no use for a straight I’m not in to guard dogs or bite work such a dog would be waisted an a liability but a running dog cross one I could work 

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Good old bill miss reading his stuff he posted on here bird he did get the piss taken out of him abit his spelling was so shocking but I could still understand what he was getting at im no spelling police my spellings not much better bill spelt how he pronounced stuff what I could gather ?. Some day I’m going to want to try another cross out probably something to run aside the collie beddy cross type I keep I think a Mali or Dutch could be a good serviceable x I’m thinking in the distant future but thinking something a bit different more of a novelty as mal greyhound or Dutch greyhound are not a common cross i really want a straight Mali at some point in life I’ve wanted another gsd since I was a kid but with how they gone I think a Mali or Dutch would be a safer option but to be honest I’ve no use for a straight I’m not in to guard dogs or bite work such a dog would be waisted an a liability but a running dog cross one I could work 

They seemed all the rage a few seasons ago... But all gone quiet... Loads all over Instagram?

• Like 2