12 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

We managed to come out of league 2 last season and have had a strong start this season but doesn't mean f**k all for us. 

Who is your team mate ?....not many clubs down that part of the country i know theres another chap on here from down that way who follows Man U or Liverpool i forget now.....i always thought that was Rugby country.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How are Sunderland doing?

Its not a case of ignoring it Wilf i just cant see the point in turning my back.....admittedly i only watch the game itself now as what used to be punditry is now virtue signalling but to not even wat

I hold my hands up im as guilty has anyone for arguing with max and I'm sorry  a new  thread without arguments hopefully how does any one see there teams progressing or struggling as what ever the cas

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not a case of ignoring it Wilf i just cant see the point in turning my back.....admittedly i only watch the game itself now as what used to be punditry is now virtue signalling but to not even watch the game i think is silly its like covering your eyes and ears in the hope the problem go's away when its literally all around you....we know white people are being continually got at and ordered to " pet " black people thats the society we are living in but pretending its not happening isnt addressing the problem its running away from it and i just cant do that this is yours and my club/sport/country....yes it seems like a losing battle but who ever said you should only take on the fights you think you can win.

I hear you mate, don’t think that I don’t or that I think your are talking silly because that’s not the case at all.

It’s a really personal thing, it’s not some conscious decision like “look at what I’m doing lads” thing.....I just genuinely can’t drum up the enthusiasm and that was the trigger.

Nothing more than that really 

10 hours ago, eastcoast said:

2 scared teams played each other tonight. Good players in both squads but the managers are not playing to win games, just for survival in the league. 

it deff looked that way  mate, wolves  had most possession  of the game, and should have deff created more going forward, like said when they come up against tougher  sides, wolves will come unstuck, but as they say in football every game different from your last, lets hope so.?

22 minutes ago, bird said:

it deff looked that way  mate, wolves  had most possession  of the game, and should have deff created more going forward, like said when they come up against tougher  sides, wolves will come unstuck, but as they say in football every game different from your last, lets hope so.?

I'm not a great football fan, Ray, but I watched the game and it was what I would call a "smash & grab" by Newcastle !

Wolves were without doubt the better team, but Newcastle treated them like they were Liverpool or Man City !

They went there to defend, no interest in attacking , and hoped to come away with a draw, which they somehow managed to achieve !

Bruce and Ashley seem to only aspire to Premiership survival, it makes business sense to Ashley, but the supporters want something more than the dross on display week in, week out.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
35 minutes ago, WILF said:

I hear you mate, don’t think that I don’t or that I think your are talking silly because that’s not the case at all.

It’s a really personal thing, it’s not some conscious decision like “look at what I’m doing lads” thing.....I just genuinely can’t drum up the enthusiasm and that was the trigger.

Nothing more than that really 

Its only that you always struck me as a proper football chap.....and ive never seen a proper football chap simply lose enthusiasm for the game....but if you say its a personal thing i,ll leave it there. 

Edited to add....i dont give a f**k quite frankly i could just use a bit of Hammers back up occasionally ? ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm not a great football fan, Ray, but I watched the game and it was what I would call a "smash & grab" by Newcastle !

Wolves were without doubt the better team, but Newcastle treated them like they were Liverpool or Man City !

They went there to defend, no interest in attacking , and hoped to come away with a draw, which they somehow managed to achieve !

Bruce and Ashley seem to only aspire to Premiership survival, it makes business sense to Ashley, but the supporters want something more than the dross on display week in, week out.

Cheers.

:thumbs: fair comment  charts  , i am hopeless  with sport,  very patriotic anything England   from footall, rugby, cricket, boxing, etc, same with wolves, i was down last night, still bit to day lol, the wife said for christ sake they didnt loose did they , and stop shouting at little woody  lol i should grow up really , mind you ive never had much brains , must have pissed them all away over the years haha   

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its only that you always struck me as a proper football chap.....and ive never seen a proper football chap simply lose enthusiasm for the game....but if you say its a personal thing i,ll leave it there. 

Edited to add....i dont give a f**k quite frankly i could just use a bit of Hammers back up occasionally ? ?

Not lost enthusiasm for the game mate, just lost enthusiasm for all those virtue signalling pricks.

As you have said, I don’t think they will be at all that nonsense when fans return so until they do, they can do it without me.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Its always going to be a balancing act for mid table sides in todays game ive noticed it with the way West Ham approach games the last few seasons and we're barely even mid table...but during this Covid carry on i think we are seeing more and more teams going away from home and really giving it a go our last few away games we,ve really taken it to Spurs and Leicester and tried to out football them in their own grounds.....admittedly our players probably feel more relaxed away from home as we tend to terrorise them at home if they're not playing well but many of the games i watch as a neutral im seeing the same.....in terms of pure football fan enjoyment ive not got so deeply engrossed in tv games as i have during this pandemic in years....i dont have a great understanding of tactics and systems so watching games without the fake crowd noise im finding brilliant as you can hear plenty of what the managers are shouting its like being at a non league game i always try to get close to the dug outs to hear whats going on ?