Small and Mighty

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Papa8512421/p/23b62edc-8e54-4d93-829b-e13e25e26d8c

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Papa8512421/p/1e94569f-6447-4189-b943-0fc82ef8d6db

this little fella has served my well and small enough at 22tts to accompany me anywhere without to much interest. Whippet x collie x grey took a bit of gamble on him 5 years ago but glad I did suits me fine atb

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bigish terrier small lurcher lol

A tad under 23". Beddy/Grey x Deer/Grey-Whippet/Grey. Had her put down at 15 year old a while back A decent bitch at most things. Cheers.    

21tts, had a good long working life.  Very versitile dog caught all sorts with him. Always seemed to punch above his weight..  Don't get me wrong little dogs have there limitations compared

Posted Images

On 27/10/2020 at 21:40, C.green said:

Id like to see what some of the big leggy jagds would chuck to a bull whippet type. Seen them bieng crossed with pointers in the us

Be interesting to see some jagd lurchers i bred the jagd dog I have here to one my greyhound bitchs few month ago she didn’t take unfortunately my other 2 should be on in a few month so fingers crossed  

• Like 1

Jeff Burrell Bred a Middleton Lakeland to a racing greyhound and they levelled out around 21” and looked a nice stamp. Not really sure how they performed in the field but sound great on paper. Think he called them snatch dogs. 

At present I have a total of 30 odd dogs ,amongst this number are some great dogs brought on to be used to get the job done one out  .Some are pure bred ,but most are crosses of some type or other ,working lines of 25 years plus .Target is only hares and rabbits,no foxes  in Nz.It is my view that good dogs are found in any breed regardless of breed however the breed must be fit for purpose .I've known some as  pups that they had or have the x factor  and once broken it they went on to be hard workers .We only breed the best with the best, most times this results in a dog that's ok(fit for purpose)  ,even good but every now and  again we get a real champ ,easy to start as pups ,hit top gear quickly so I give them one out work that brings the very best out and has them doing the whole job of working heavy cover ,flushing ,catching and retrieving.We have a small group of "rabbitters " who share the blood lines and keep most of the pups in house only offering the odd pup outside our group.  We try to cross breed to get a dog that's as good if not even better than both parents. Since ESS have been mentioned in this post ,I have,several pure ESS, ESS x JR, fox terrier x whippet ,RJ/terrier mix ,pure whippet,JR, to name just a few ,and I think a good dog is just that regardless of breed. 

Edited by toolebox
spelling wrong
  • Like 6
16 minutes ago, toolebox said:

At present I have a total of 30 odd dogs ,amongst this number are some great dogs brought on to be used to get the job done one out  .Some are pure bred ,but most are crosses of some type or other ,working lines of 25 years plus .Target is only hares and rabbits,no foxes  in Nz.It is my view that good dogs are found in any breed regardless of breed however the breed must be fit for purpose .I've known some as  pups that they had or have the x factor  and once broken it they went on to be hard workers .We only breed the best with the best, most times this results in a dog that's ok(fit for purpose)  ,even good but every now and  again we get a real champ ,easy to start as pups ,hit top gear quickly so I give them one out work that brings the very best out and has them doing the whole job of working heavy cover ,flushing ,catching and retrieving.We have a small group of "rabbitters " who share the blood lines and keep most of the pups in house only offering the odd pup outside our group.  We try to cross breed to get a dog that's as good if not even better than both parents. Since ESS have been mentioned in this post ,I have,several pure ESS, ESS x JR, fox terrier x whippet ,RJ/terrier mix ,pure whippet,JR, to name just a few ,and I think a good dog is just that regardless of breed. 

We most certainly need photos! 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, toolebox said:

It would be great to hear more about your dogs in NZ.

Are there good populations of rabbits and hares with you?

20 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Don’t know I just add them from my phone  click on choose files then select pic an it loads up easiest ive ever know it .

thanks chap Ive posted up a few pictures in another post as I don't want to steal this one .

• Like 1