Small and Mighty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bigish terrier small lurcher lol

A tad under 23". Beddy/Grey x Deer/Grey-Whippet/Grey. Had her put down at 15 year old a while back A decent bitch at most things. Cheers.    

21tts, had a good long working life.  Very versitile dog caught all sorts with him. Always seemed to punch above his weight..  Don't get me wrong little dogs have there limitations compared

Posted Images

I used to have a Manchester terrier x whippet many years ago was a brilliant bitch day time got her in 2002 she caught a good variety of game for a little dog 19tts 

Rabbits, hares (mugged out of their seats but she caught a lot on the edge of woods if they got out into the field they would leave her

fox (would only pull them)  pheasants, partridge, squirrels, rats 

Seen some cracking little beddy whippets aswell

2 hours ago, C.green said:

If your talking small runners would a leggy terrier not be just as good and should still rip bramble as opposed to getting where it can ?

Its horses for courses in my opinion, my jrtxwhip could do most things a lurcher could and could get into most cover if the quarry was there. He wasn't a bushing dog by any means but complimented a bushing team. He was only 21 tts and didn't draw attention like a bigger running dog. He is 13 now and will still try but I try and let him have a peaceful retirement as its not fair on him getting injured at the age he is. 

Hes sired the pup you've seen of Jai's, if they turn out well I would like to attempt to recreate him by putting a whippet dog over one of the bitch pups.

7 hours ago, Tyla said:

Its horses for courses in my opinion, my jrtxwhip could do most things a lurcher could and could get into most cover if the quarry was there. He wasn't a bushing dog by any means but complimented a bushing team. He was only 21 tts and didn't draw attention like a bigger running dog. He is 13 now and will still try but I try and let him have a peaceful retirement as its not fair on him getting injured at the age he is. 

Hes sired the pup you've seen of Jai's, if they turn out well I would like to attempt to recreate him by putting a whippet dog over one of the bitch pups.

What im saying is though mate if your going somewhere you dont want to attract attention would the leggy terriers bred with bushing in mind not be just as good if not better as theyll still rip bramble catch odd stuff when they can ect ?

1 minute ago, C.green said:

What im saying is though mate if your going somewhere you dont want to attract attention would the leggy terriers bred with bushing in mind not be just as good if not better as theyll still rip bramble catch odd stuff when they can ect ?

Might well be but I think you'd catch more with a whippet x. You wouldn't bush as much out with one but a couple of bushers and something small and fast like I'm talking about is a wicked combination. I have a pat springer, who is as quick as most leggy terriers I should think, but she only really catches in cover, in the open she just doesn't have the pace. I've bred a litter from the two dogs for exactly that reason. Whether they turn out as i hope still remains to be seen but im hoping .....

• Like 1