Binoculars

On 24/10/2020 at 14:54, BobDown said:

After a pair  binoculars for out in field, I need some that are suitable for the terrain I go a bout, 20 to 30 acre fields at most and on hills and moors. Looking for some decent under £250. Have got eye on some vortex diamondback but I’ve not much idea on size I’d require etc. Any recommendations/ Advice would be much appreciated 

I have got a pair of Barr and Stroud  Sierra  10 X 50 spot on and a good price any thing above this with out a steady hand  or on a stand the images can be shakey  to me better than Bushnell,also this size is still small.  http://www.barrandstroud.com/prodfam.php?id=166

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pm Andy Kelly on here?

I have a pair of expensive vortex ones which are very good but I think the barr and stroud ones are the best value for money. For less than £100 you can get a pair of 8x32 which are only a little bit

Id accept a bloody good thrashing on the bare buttocks with a whippet.

On 25/10/2020 at 09:55, Tyla said:

I have a pair of expensive vortex ones which are very good but I think the barr and stroud ones are the best value for money. For less than £100 you can get a pair of 8x32 which are only a little bit worse than my vortex which were several times the price

Tyla ever fancied a pair of Swarovskis I know they are pricey a mate had some Leupold for stalking but dropped on some second hand Swarovskis,but as I do general mootching etc my Barr and Strouds are well good enough,atb my hounds

• Like 1
4 hours ago, my hounds said:

Tyla ever fancied a pair of Swarovskis I know they are pricey a mate had some Leupold for stalking but dropped on some second hand Swarovskis,but as I do general mootching etc my Barr and Strouds are well good enough,atb my hounds

Thanks for replies I have set on some vortex diamond backs for about 220 we life time guarantee I think be a good buy

• 6 months later...
On 26/10/2020 at 18:00, BobDown said:

Thanks for replies I have set on some vortex diamond backs for about 220 we life time guarantee I think be a good buy

any update a they any good

On 26/10/2020 at 13:54, my hounds said:

I'd love some, im just too tight lol. 

12 hours ago, TOMO said:

anybody bought the monocular that keeps popping up on adverts only £30 ...

on the adverts it looks the dogs danglies

Had a monocular afew years back from a well known chinese site , to be honest it was ideal for what i wanted , light carried in my wax jacket pocket just the ticket , then after about 18 months the lenses started fogging up the seals must of gone ☹️

I'd recommend Hawke. I bought some after reading a review in which someone said that they're not as good as Swarovski, but the difference in quality is minimal compared to the price. I then tried them out in The London Camera Exchange and the image quality is brilliant. I have the 10 x 43 endurance ed binoculars and the 8 x 42 endurance ed monocular. I think the monocular is about £70 and the binoculars are £210.

• Like 2