Tories showing their true colours.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't want to get into any rows about it ,but I agree with the Tories on this .

It’s very easy to get all het up at the thought of snotty nosed kids with Tin ribs opening coal at Xmas .    how many of the mams and dads were fuming at not being out at bank holiday ?  h

Right lads, I have been reading various posts on my old town page about this today and plenty of comments like above. I’ll say here what I said to someone today.....every single person in the UK

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Deffo why now? Why ain’t the govt sorted it before now if it’s a problem, that’s there jobs ain’t it 

Exactly.....have parents benefits/dole money been effected by Covid ?  are they getting less ?.....if not then why do they need free food....maybe im missing something.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Exactly.....have parents benefits/dole money been effected by Covid ?  are they getting less ?.....if not then why do they need free food....maybe im missing something.

Thing is most kids receiving free school meals have at least one working parent. Losing 20% of wages is massive if you are on f**k all wage. It entitles a lot more kids to free meals.

Did Harry Kane receive free school meals when he was a kid as Rashford did? Has he used his position to help out kids as Rashford has? Come on lads see beyond the  kids skin tone.

I was supposed to get free meals when I was a kid as did my wife. I refused them because the meal tickets were different colours. You were  marked out as a loser. Instead I used to go to a bakery and buy a penny loaf. My auntie worked there and she used to give me a meat pie, a penny loaf and a custard tart and give me change as well for a penny.? Her mates who worked there did the same. Working class solidarity at its finest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What folk dont seem to understand it is the parents responsibility to feed their kids but unfortunately some dont. Not the innocent kids fault they aren't eating and shouldn't be left to starve.  Where I live 24% kids live in poverty. And poverty aside when I was young I lived with gran she was loaded life was great. Then she started getting dementia and and I never knew what and if I was eating one day to the next. So there all situations effect kids eating not just parents neglecting kids. If you grudge helping a neglected kid you need to sort yourself out . We feed criminals in prison everyday but kids can rot... poor show

Rusty , what’s the score with the lockdown in Scotland ? 

im seeing loads of pics lately of people in play centres , garden centres parks with no masks on , freely mingling etc ?? 

ridiculous 

8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Thing is most kids receiving free school meals have at least one working parent. Losing 20% of wages is massive if you are on f**k all wage. It entitles a lot more kids to free meals.

Did Harry Kane receive free school meals when he was a kid as Rashford did? Has he used his position to help out kids as Rashford has? Come on lads see beyond the  kids skin tone.

I was supposed to get free meals when I was a kid as did my wife. I refused them because the meal tickets were different colours. You were  marked out as a loser. Instead I used to go to a bakery and buy a penny loaf. My auntie worked there and she used to give me a meat pie, a penny loaf and a custard tart and give me change as well for a penny.? Her mates who worked there did the same. Working class solidarity at its finest.

A while ago i spoke with a young girl on benefits i honestly couldnt believe how much she was getting......and thats without the money her ex was paying towards his kid which didnt effect her benefits at all !......dont give me all that poor people on benefits,from what i can see its just not like that anymore.

And as regards skin tone.....if we are going to be continually bombarded with black black black black black black all day every day dont be surprised when we notice these things......depending on whether the left are calling us racist because we do see colour or we dont see colour at the moment of course....i think they are on racist if you dont at the moment and i did so im alright ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

A while ago i spoke with a young girl on benefits i honestly couldnt believe how much she was getting......and thats without the money her ex was paying towards his kid which didnt effect her benefits at all !......dont give me all that poor people on benefits,from what i can see its just not like that anymore.

And as regards skin tone.....if we are going to be continually bombarded with black black black black black black all day every day dont be surprised when we notice these things......depending on whether the left are calling us racist because we do see colour or we dont see colour at the moment of course....i think they are on racist if you dont at the moment and i did so im alright ?

I’m going to ask you a straight couple of questions mate and I think in this whole conversation they matter, my question is:

Who wins if they don’t get it?

Who Looses if they do get it? 

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The lefts mentality is receive an inch demand a yard......free school meals/uniform grants already exist.......how long will it be before feeding kids through school holidays become demands to clothe kids through school holidays.....and on and on.

Anyway if it had been Harry Kanes idea instead of Rashford it would never of got off the ground !......is that a Pride of Britain award with a young black boys face on it i see in the distance :whistling:

who would dare question Rashford's wages now?:hmm:

Marcus Rashford takes home over £10million-a-year on top of his Manchester United wages. The England player has sponsorship deals with the likes of Nike. His deals equate to a bonus £6,300 every day of the year.

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I'm on a low income.

We have 3 kids not one of them gets free school meals as I missed out by earning £120 a year more than the government cut off .. 

I was furloughed for 9 week and I was better off on 80% than I was on a full wage because I had no travel to school expensives no travel to work expensives. Any benefits we receive got a bit more added on to them ..

The problem in the society today is people feel entitled to this that and the other .. they don't work because they don't need to when the government gives them everything 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuk the govt, that wank sunak is our local mp an i hope he hangs his head in shame it’s the local folk an businessmen/women that are gonna feed the local kids who need it, I agree with the sentiment that no kid should go hungry but like iv also said I think it’s sad that it’s only now this is being addressed, even if it’s an added expense Cos of the pandemic, why the fcuk is it that there are folk in this day an age that can’t afford an added extra outgoing in having to buy some more food every week ☹️

I remember a good while back you said that sunak was a good man by listening to the locals and doing something.

But as you can clearly see mate they are all wronguns..

• Like 2
6 hours ago, WILF said:

I remember when I was little and my old man was still alive, there were kids living in the underground garages of a place called The Ferrier Estate which was up the road to me, you can look it up, they have knocked it down now.

My old man was the oldest of 9 kids and was born in 1920, my Grandad was a general dealer always out on the road so away from home a lot and it fell to my old man to look after them all.

And he did, any way he could which led to him having to join the army in 1936 because it was that or prison.

He went over with the BEF and was left as rearguard as so many were so that they could get the lads off the beach at Dunkirk.

He was captured and spent 5 years in Stalag 8b with 100,000 other blokes.

Did the lamsdorf Death March and had to eat things that would make a goat puke to survive.

Now when I was a kid, we were pretty comfortable but some of these poor little b*****ds in my class at school were in rags, they lived in them garages because their home life was terrible, they were dirty, they were hungry.

My dad used to clear out my wardrobe regular and send in black bin liners full of my clobber with me to give to teachers to hand out to these poor little sods.

I was under pain of a good kick up the arse from the old man if I ever said it came from me.

He get me to fetch a bunch round for dinner and freight them up with plates of hot grub, cakes, hot tea, chocolates.

He used to say “look how lucky we are and them poor little c**ts have nothing”

He had every reason to be mean and hoard what was his but he didn’t, because he had been there and been that little kid and that man who had f**k all.
I bet nobody here ever had to eat a raw farm cat caught in a barn to survive....ever !

How the f**k are we going to deny some poor little c**t a couple of tins of beans because we don’t like their parents.

As they say here, cop on boys.

That's the best post I've read on here for a long time mate.

It's like a snap shot of a time gone by..

Did your father speak much of being in stalag.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I still think he a decent sort mate, I just don’t agree with this one, an don’t think k folk should be in that position in first place but that’s hardly his fault. I know he the new mob accountant but there was lots before him responsible for this mess, an I believe I can disagree with him but still think he okay, time will tell tho, an in bigger picture like somebody else said he has actually brought a community closer together now by making folk realise an offer help an support ?

Ah right I thought you had totally turned against him of some sort. I probably jumped the gun a bit so to speak.

We were so poor growing up I remember dad saying here son ,take this button up to auntie Kay and get her to sew  a shirt on it .

Life was so much simpler back then, no bloody phones ,very little tech and kids actually worked up an appetite from the outdoors instead of playing on games all day .I remember the free school meal line at school, yes they were segregated on a pink lunch ticket last sitting .
I took sandwiches and that was another separate sitting ,two tables pushed out the way .

Reality is , we arnt all the same regards social standing but the gap does seem to have widened between haves and haves not since I were a nipper despite all the changes we’ve seen .

• Like 3
16 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Your doing well, that makes you about 83. ??

I used to work with a bloke that had been a POW. He used to hoard food and eat everybody's leftovers from the canteen. To him it was perfectly logical. He never knew when bad times were coming back.. He was the most gentle, caring bloke ever. He came round to my house and noticed the kids pet rabbits and guinea pigs were begging at the wire mesh for food. It really upset him thinking they were hungry. So from that  moment on he used to gather loads of grass twice a week and bring it round so the kids pets would never go hungry.

Some of the lads used to be rough on him and call him 'gannet' and 'starver'. But for me he was a top bloke, its a pity that it takes that sort of experience to bring out the best in people.

Stumfelter I meant to quote Wilf not you ??

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, king said:

That's the best post I've read on here for a long time mate.

It's like a snap shot of a time gone by..

Did your father speak much of being in stalag.

Now and again mate, just bits and bobs.

• Like 1