Tories showing their true colours.

36 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I used to work with a bloke that had been a POW. He used to hoard food and eat everybody's leftovers from the canteen. To him it was perfectly logical. He never knew when bad times were coming back.. He was the most gentle, caring bloke ever. He came round to my house and noticed the kids pet rabbits and guinea pigs were begging at the wire mesh for food. It really upset him thinking they were hungry. So from that  moment on he used to gather loads of grass twice a week and bring it round so the kids pets would never go hungry.

Some of the lads used to be rough on him and call him 'gannet' and 'starver'. But for me he was a top bloke, its a pity that it takes that sort of experience to bring out the best in people.

I knew a guy that was the same he was a japaneese pow ,they had a bad time of it although he rarely spoke about it ,,,

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't want to get into any rows about it ,but I agree with the Tories on this .

It’s very easy to get all het up at the thought of snotty nosed kids with Tin ribs opening coal at Xmas .    how many of the mams and dads were fuming at not being out at bank holiday ?  h

Right lads, I have been reading various posts on my old town page about this today and plenty of comments like above. I’ll say here what I said to someone today.....every single person in the UK

Posted Images

18 hours ago, WILF said:

I’m going to ask you a straight couple of questions mate and I think in this whole conversation they matter, my question is:

Who wins if they don’t get it?

Who Looses if they do get it? 

I get what you're saying mate but its symptoms or cure....those that can heal can harm/those that can cure can kill etc etc

After 1.3 trillion quid to Africans and a worldwide pandemic to even think about focusing on our own....some might say that horse has bolted.

We are a first world country with probably the wealthiest lowest tier living in the world....in this day and age with all the benefits in place,child allowance/child support/tax credits/housing benefit etc all in place,any child allowed to go hungry should be taken into care in my opinion.....worst ways reduce their benefits and make it up with food vouchers instead.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 7
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That won’t happen as some lefty cnut will determine that’s against human rights or something, it will get to point ( if it’s not already there) that the folk on minimum wages are the true poor of this country, that’s folk who wanna are are working ffs?

I'd be better off on benefits and not working but why would I not want to work .. I can't understand people who don't want to go out and provide for their family

• Like 1

I mentioned on a thread, some time back, when I did three months pro bono work for the DHSS.

This was when they were closing the dole offices and going on-line. Every claimant had to have a c.v. uploaded on line and had to open an e-mail account.

It was my job to help them do this.

I couldn't believe the number of people, mainly men in their 30's and 40's, who were illiterate and innumerate, who had never had a job in their life, had no intention of ever wanting or getting a job, and were happy to just get their benefits and carry on.

Theres a whole underclass who have never worked, sometimes they are second or third generation benefits claimants, whole families who have known nothing but the dole.

Extending free school meals into the holidays is just a sticking plaster on a wound that requires major surgery.

The Torys won't fix it, and Labour would only expand it.

I don't have the answers, but I hope someone does.

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 14:58, micky said:

My brother  is now single and lives alone he lives very well on his benefits and banks an amount of money each month that most people on here including me would find hard to believe.

Its the same with me matey, im a pensioner on my own, the amount of pension I get each week is unbelievable , ive even queried it with the pensions department and yes im on the correct amount , so to put my mind at ease , when I do my shopping , I stick summat in these food parcel bins whats in tescos , tin of fruit a loaf of bread or summat, god knows weer it goes but makes me feel better

• Like 1

All these celebrities and famous folks are always asking us to donate to charity and most the cnuts live in tax havens etc... Bono, rolling stones to name a few, wouldn't miss a few million.... Cheeky cnuts just like that monkey getting payed millions to kick a ball?put your hand in your pockets eh? 

• Like 5

Rashford does donate personally to at least two charities. One for the homeless in Manchester and his fareshair scheme. That scheme has raised well over £20 million.

I'm from the same area as Rashford and I am personally proud of him. Very proud in fact. They should put up a statue of him. I've donated too. I've recently donated to £100 to the Trussel Trust which provides supplies food banks, and I give a monthly sum to Oxfam. I'm not virtue signalling, but like Rashford, I put my money where my mouth is. All his critics have obviously never been through real, grinding poverty. It's something you never forget.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Rashford does donate personally to at least two charities. One for the homeless in Manchester and his foreshore scheme. That scheme has raised well over £20 million.

I'm from the same area as Rashford and I am personally proud of him. Very proud in fact. They should put up a statue of him. I've donated too. I've recently donated to £100 to the Trussel Trust which provides supplies food banks, and I give a monthly sum to Oxfam. I'm not virtue signalling, but like Rashford, I put my money where my mouth is. All his critics have obviously never been through real, grinding poverty. It's something you never forget.

and quite a few probably still are,the rich seem to give up a bit of spare time and the not so rich give up their money when it comes to charity:whistling:

Edited by paddyluke