Witney,oxfordshire

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

The places I always used to see them was Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Flitwick way.

Essex and Suffolk are literally alive with the things.

Seems to be the case that they are just spreading south mate, very successfullly as well like I said from my observation they covered over 40 mile in 3/4 years, they also seem to breed all year long I get loads of young and pregnant females on the cameras, they also make a nice snack for something else that seems to be getting a spreading out as well ? Mc munti ? 

C30B7E84-3F42-486D-9559-CD47B91310DD.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He will get culled just like everything else ?

f**k off he does.no dss their.

Use to be a lot of good digging to be had  round Cotswold shame we didn't have the same results with a light 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Seems to be the case that they are just spreading south mate, very successfullly as well like I said from my observation they covered over 40 mile in 3/4 years, they also seem to breed all year long I get loads of young and pregnant females on the cameras, they also make a nice snack for something else that seems to be getting a spreading out as well ? Mc munti ? 

C30B7E84-3F42-486D-9559-CD47B91310DD.jpeg

Was there any damage to the neck of that mate ?

They make an awful racket, in fact I personally think it’s one of the most alarming distress calls I have ever heard.

That would have attracted critters for miles if it’s airways were open 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

Was there any damage to the neck of that mate ?

They make an awful racket, in fact I personally think it’s one of the most alarming distress calls I have ever heard.

That would have attracted critters for miles if it’s airways were open 

I never got to see that one in person, the wounds on the throat often need shaving or skinning to see the damage and it’s not what most people want to  do or have the gear to do when they come across that , it’s normally a shot on a mobile and move on, it’s more of a crushing bite than a cutting bite, Got to agree with you about the noise definitely not keen on dying ?

• Like 2

Munties my second favourite after sika .Wish sika would spread as fast as munties .Cant walk anywhere round me without seeing them daylight .Night time lifting .You can see why they spread so fast ,they are never still apart from sleeping .Got to within 6 foot of a sleeping buck other night with thermal .It jumped up and went straight into a stream in panic ?

Chinese bit localised and can’t see them going far 

A56A3075-224A-4EAC-BEF9-E564D0980F0E.png

12 hours ago, socks said:

I’ve got a fair few contracts up that way including brize Norton. Loaded with muntjac ... I kill around 70 a year around there  ......

You'll be lucky to get 10 next year.

I'm fascinated by chunks and muntys.desperate to eat one but never ever seen either.

1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

You'll be lucky to get 10 next year.

I'm fascinated by chunks and muntys.desperate to eat one but never ever seen either.

Considering how many there are near me I see very few if any road casualty’s in comparison to roe, have bonneted a couple of roe myself while driving round the lanes at night slowly but never see the muntis unless the dogs push them out of the hedge bottoms yet on the Cotswolds I see them out all the time, ?

20 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Munties my second favourite after sika .Wish sika would spread as fast as munties .Cant walk anywhere round me without seeing them daylight .Night time lifting .You can see why they spread so fast ,they are never still apart from sleeping .Got to within 6 foot of a sleeping buck other night with thermal .It jumped up and went straight into a stream in panic ?

Chinese bit localised and can’t see them going far 

A56A3075-224A-4EAC-BEF9-E564D0980F0E.png

You reckon that distribution maps accurate ?

• Haha 1