Kin fuming

I've recently moved into a static caravan on a 150 acre farm which is overrun with rabbits and roe. I've struggled to get out on the lamp due to life and the bloody moon, so last night was the night. I decided out of curiosity to invite the bloke next door with his young saluki. What a mistake that was, with the farm I'm on and the neighbouring farm I've got about 300 acres to go at and I came back with 3 rabbits. If the incessant chat and bollocks coming from this blokes mouth wasn't bad enough alerting every bit of game within a 10 mile radius of our presence his f***ing dog after every slip decided to do several laps of the field and even the next. I'm not a numbers man (I can't be running an old dog) but I want to see them work. ? I've really not slept well and I've woken up just as angry ?. If my old boy can still move tonight I'll go out on my own.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good lamping partner is worth their weight in gold, same as any good hunting partner. And they are very rare. I generally go alone or with folk I’ve known a long time and we all know how we work.

It’s either in you or it’s not. I genuinely doubt I’d still be here if at times I couldn’t go out with the dog and walk into the wind. 

i always go out on my own mate, to avoid the very situation that you have described. What a nightmare that must have been. only ever made one exception  and that was taking me daughter out, with one d

i always go out on my own mate, to avoid the very situation that you have described. What a nightmare that must have been. only ever made one exception  and that was taking me daughter out, with one dog each, slip each one individually, just to get a young dog some experience really. still laughing thinking about the young un spinning about on the lead watching the old lurcher coursing the rabbit up the hedge. Looking back i was lucky he did not open up. He caught his 1st rabbit that night actually.? 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Bobob said:

I've recently moved into a static caravan on a 150 acre farm which is overrun with rabbits and roe. I've struggled to get out on the lamp due to life and the bloody moon, so last night was the night. I decided out of curiosity to invite the bloke next door with his young saluki. What a mistake that was, with the farm I'm on and the neighbouring farm I've got about 300 acres to go at and I came back with 3 rabbits. If the incessant chat and bollocks coming from this blokes mouth wasn't bad enough alerting every bit of game within a 10 mile radius of our presence his f***ing dog after every slip decided to do several laps of the field and even the next. I'm not a numbers man (I can't be running an old dog) but I want to see them work. ? I've really not slept well and I've woken up just as angry ?. If my old boy can still move tonight I'll go out on my own.

Did u not tell him 2 shut the feck up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, countrymon said:

i always go out on my own mate, to avoid the very situation that you have described. What a nightmare that must have been. only ever made one exception  and that was taking me daughter out, with one dog each, slip each one individually, just to get a young dog some experience really. still laughing thinking about the young un spinning about on the lead watching the old lurcher coursing the rabbit up the hedge. Looking back i was lucky he did not open up. He caught his 1st rabbit that night 

No more dragging people around, on my own from now on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People forget when bringing on young dogs some can just be lil c**ts it’s all a new game they f**k about because they ain’t got a clue what’s expected of them yet an no experience of lamp work dont matter how well trained they are in the day the minute there put behind a few runs excitement takes over as it’s more interesting than being dog’s bodyed about don’t be to angry with the lads young dog playing about we all been there with problems at some point it’s not worth getting angry about there always be rabbits to run today’s a whole new day fella an tonight is a whole new night. I always bring my young dogs on on there own I get them to were there getting to lamp off means come back an were find another run but they only get to that point after there making catches because misses teach nothing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

People forget when bringing on young dogs some can just be lil c**ts it’s all a new game they f**k about because they ain’t got a clue what’s expected of them yet an no experience of lamp work dont matter how well trained they are in the day the minute there put behind a few runs excitement takes over as it’s more interesting than being dog’s bodyed about don’t be to angry with the lads young dog playing about we all been there with problems at some point it’s not worth getting angry about there always be rabbits to run today’s a whole new day fella an tonight is a whole new night. I always bring my young dogs on on there own I get them to were there getting to lamp off means come back an were find another run but they only get to that point after there making catches because  misses teach nothing 

100%  right      (misses teach nothing )   1/2 these dogs that  , open up= yap,  bad recall, none retrieve  etc, is all down to   to many misses  , because once they do catch , they think fook you i am keeping this a, and coming back to you etc. What ive done with all my lurchers  is get them on easy rabbits to start off , even walking right up to the rabbit, most times the thick fookers dont know it right by them lol, just touch the rabbit on and  drop the dog right on top of the rabbit, do this dozen or so times , the dog think he the best lol. once start  click , you can lamp longer distance . My best dog for picking it up quick  was Buck, Bryn close 2nd   , Buck learnt it very quick, bring rabbits right back to hand  all alive , trigger would tell you the same thing , and lot of his game  was caught out the beam , what ever quarry you slipped him on .

• Like 2