Goshawking

Moorman 1

4 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've been out with gyr x falcon , only had a point on a pheasant which whipped back into a hedge, was never too into it, enjoyed the pointer working. It is a lot of things coming together, got an invite to go with goshawks but anytime I get seems to be kids or dogs. It's a pure sport and I like the idea of it, but not really something you can dabble in....

You should go out with the Goshawks, I'm sure you won't regret it!

2 hours ago, Elchapo said:

It’s pretty infectious, I find it’s a bit of an obsession for me lol 

I know what you mean its very addictive.

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a hare with her, there aren't many around here, had a good flight on a crow this morning. Third slip on a hare today from a good solid point,result ?

What a flight! wasn't out for long, I had to end the session and give her a big reward. The last flight was the best flight that I have seen her perform to date. The dog was on point in the cover crop

Slipped out for a cheeky Christmas Day Rooster ? #39

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Fonzie said:

Well done more man love the pictures that goss is a machine you are serving her well. Will you try her on feather or keep her at bunnies for the season and big bunnies ?

She's had some cracking flights on pheasants but been unlucky, found her with a fist full of feathers. She has had feather in the past.

On 22/11/2020 at 18:39, Moorman 1 said:

Managed 2 kills today, fed up with the rain. Birds was wet from minute I arrived. Had some cracking flights, good for fitness flying when wet. Hard going for the hawk though. 

20201122_123755.jpg

20201122_142448.jpg

Looks spot on moorman, be nice bag couple pheasants for you over Xmas 

17 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Looks spot on moorman, be nice bag couple pheasants for you over Xmas 

Will be on a few next week going on my mate's shoot. Just had a cracking flight on a woodcock off a nice solid point ?

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

To be honest she's lethal on rabbits?

You not managed any feather with her yet ,mate ?? I was out with Harris otday she hit couple birds but not binding to them after couple hit was clear to see the squirrel bites have done a little more damage than first thought , 

8 hours ago, Elchapo said:

You not managed any feather with her yet ,mate ?? I was out with Harris otday she hit couple birds but not binding to them after couple hit was clear to see the squirrel bites have done a little more damage than first thought , 

Not been anywhere for feather yet.

Yes squirrel bites are a nuisance mate I had a good Harris's ruined by them.

• Like 1