Goshawking

Moorman 1

14 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

No probs mate .Very few lads locally who fly birds at quarry .Few have birds but ornaments ?

Son in law had a Harris last year ,mediocre really but still fun .Kept his flying free in open faced flight .Neighbour had a Russel that barked none stop at the bird so he made the decision to pass it on .Should of boarded the front but there tis . 
Dogs since died but he’s pulled the flight down .

That's a shame maybe he'll get another 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a hare with her, there aren't many around here, had a good flight on a crow this morning. Third slip on a hare today from a good solid point,result ?

What a flight! wasn't out for long, I had to end the session and give her a big reward. The last flight was the best flight that I have seen her perform to date. The dog was on point in the cover crop

Slipped out for a cheeky Christmas Day Rooster ? #39

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Cheers George the weather has messed us up lately. She's had a few unlucky flights then got too wet. Looking forward to some drier days.

Weather been shit ain’t it , I drove an hour yesterday to get to some ground got two fields in then got drenched to the point my waterproof trousers couldn’t cope ? think at this rate will have try get couple flights from car 

11 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Weather been shit ain’t it , I drove an hour yesterday to get to some ground got two fields in then got drenched to the point my waterproof trousers couldn’t cope ? think at this rate will have try get couple flights from car 

Yes its certainly annoying as you start to get some fitness into them, then can't get them out properly. 

13 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Brilliant mate 

Thanks FD

8 hours ago, Elchapo said:

The more and more I see her the more I kick myself ? 

by the looks of things  your going to be having a good season 

It's been difficult with the weather, had some sport with her on a few hares. She nailed a monster hare and I made schoolboy error, tried to grab its head in the excitement of it all and it bucked one last effort and made its escape, totally my fault!

1 hour ago, Moorman 1 said:

Thanks FD

It's been difficult with the weather, had some sport with her on a few hares. She nailed a monster hare and I made schoolboy error, tried to grab its head in the excitement of it all and it bucked one last effort and made its escape, totally my fault!

Yeah weather just been a compleat pain in the ass so far , I’ve not been doing a great lot with my female , well I’ve been trying she just doesn’t seem to be committed , and only connecting with a couple of bit s .. weights right fitness is good just can’t seem to connect with much , 

she took a real bad nock end last season where she hit a low hidden fence when she struck for a rabbit , at first was touch and go if she made it , think it’s nocked her confidence a little so mite have go back to the dummy bunny lure 

5 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Yeah weather just been a compleat pain in the ass so far , I’ve not been doing a great lot with my female , well I’ve been trying she just doesn’t seem to be committed , and only connecting with a couple of bit s .. weights right fitness is good just can’t seem to connect with much , 

she took a real bad nock end last season where she hit a low hidden fence when she struck for a rabbit , at first was touch and go if she made it , think it’s nocked her confidence a little so mite have go back to the dummy bunny lure 

That's a shame mate, yes go back to basics and build up the confidence.