Goshawking

Moorman 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a hare with her, there aren't many around here, had a good flight on a crow this morning. Third slip on a hare today from a good solid point,result ?

What a flight! wasn't out for long, I had to end the session and give her a big reward. The last flight was the best flight that I have seen her perform to date. The dog was on point in the cover crop

Slipped out for a cheeky Christmas Day Rooster ? #39

Posted Images

Just now, foxdropper said:

Used to fly a Harris mate .Got drowned by a coot ,totally my fault .Flew him at a duck and a coot got his attention and game over under an embankment .

Had him lamping and his highlight ,a hen pheasant .

A game little hawk by the sound of it. There's something primeval about sneaking about with hawk and dog trying to catch your meal that gets into you. It's hard to explain unless you have experienced it. 

• Like 1

Yes mate agreed .First bird was a common buzzard  but only good for an introduction to the sport .Tried everything but wouldn’t put in for anything .Hacked it back to the wild and saw it for  few years  then gone .You ever had Harris mate .

Mate had red tail female and was a machine mate .I know the goss is aggressive but she was too .Tried to arse end a fox one evening after a pulled up hare .Left the flight to tackle a fox two fields away .We got there just in time to save her that day and let fox go .

Ive thought about a goss for years but other interests getting in the way .Got loads of rough perm ,plenty of pheasants and duck .

You ever down south mate you’d be more than welcome here few days . 

2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Mate had red tail female and was a machine mate .I know the goss is aggressive but she was too .Tried to arse end a fox one evening after a pulled up hare .Left the flight to tackle a fox two fields away .We got there just in time to save her that day and let fox go .

Ive thought about a goss for years but other interests getting in the way .Got loads of rough perm ,plenty of pheasants and duck .

You ever down south mate you’d be more than welcome here few days . 

That's very kind of you, thank you!

Go for it regarding the Gos you won't look back especially if you have plenty of feather to go at.

I have had a few Redtails over the years very good birds once fit, you can learn a lot training Redtails as opposed to Harris's.

No probs mate .Very few lads locally who fly birds at quarry .Few have birds but ornaments ?

Son in law had a Harris last year ,mediocre really but still fun .Kept his flying free in open faced flight .Neighbour had a Russel that barked none stop at the bird so he made the decision to pass it on .Should of boarded the front but there tis . 
Dogs since died but he’s pulled the flight down .