Gloves

Any body work in the engineering/ fabricating trade with a good recommendation for gloves that won't break the bank ..

Can't be to thick as I need to handle small nuts and bolts but also need to stop so many splinters getting into my hands .. 

17 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Wow! :o Fill your boots! I never knew so many gloves existed!

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/

I'm looking recommendations because I've used a few different ones and they ain't worth a w**k and there's that many to choose from ..

Yeah, I know the feeling. White Ox are widely said to be les couilles du chien. But, it's your wanting the delicate touch too. Bloody hard call.

I, periodically, do an awful lot of screwing with dry lining screws? Fukking hate it, because I Always end up with an almost microscopic 'splinter' in the finger that holds them as I start the screwing. Nasty things.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Yeah, I know the feeling. White Ox are widely said to be les couilles du chien. But, it's your wanting the delicate touch too. Bloody hard call.

I, periodically, do an awful lot of screwing with dry lining screws? Fukking hate it, because I Always end up with an almost microscopic 'splinter' in the finger that holds them as I start the screwing. Nasty things.

Run a magnet over your fingers when you finish been doing it years mate ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tig welders gloves might be the closest to what you want but to be honest, gloves that give good protection while retaining a decent level of grip on small parts have yet to be invented, as for metal splinters I found nail clippers the best for getting them out (used to do a plunge cut in brass on a capstan lathe, the swarf was nothing but splinters)

42 minutes ago, Balaur said:

What you doing child, welding/tacking or just assembly? Or cutting grinding assembly

I need a pair for cutting and assembly ..

Don't need any for welding as i just fire a pair of gauntlets on .. 

I think you need to look at changes to the way you work, deburr stuff more or just slow down a bit, might not me the answer you want but might cut down on the blood loss, if your fitting headlight bulbs to Fiat`s though, your stuffed, no way can the passenger side bulb be fitted without bleeding all over the battery, eytie designers are cnuts

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, neil82 said:

I think you need to look at changes to the way you work, deburr stuff more or just slow down a bit, might not me the answer you want but might cut down on the blood loss, if your fitting headlight bulbs to Fiat`s though, your stuffed, no way can the passenger side bulb be fitted without bleeding all over the battery, eytie designers are cnuts

What I thought were the occasional splinter have now turned into a rash ? so maybe it's a bit of contact dermatitis , never heard of getting it from touching galvanized steel before and it's only on one hand ..