Badger meat.

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Are sweetbreads those throat glans or a posh name for scrotum, something I do now is to go to the butchers and buy a bag of chicken hearts they cost penny,s but are quite delicious like tasty little cocktail sausages, make a nice stew or just fry with garlic ✌️

I went through a chicken heart phase. I always use chicken liver for liver/bacon/onion/mash these days. Costs f**k all & comes out as good as calf’s liver ?

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much Badger... lol

My grandad used to tell me about eating badger hams , he said they would be smoked up the chimmock ( old Gloucestershire word for chimney) . I think it was more out of necessity than it being a delica

That protection been lifted mate .Being killed by the thousands every year now .Like a desert round us places now regarding them BUT hedgehogs are making a comeback and ground nesting birds are doing

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Mallard hearts! ?

Fry up about a dozen with bacon and mushroom and smash it all into a cob. They’d be extinct before I had had enough, lol.

Do you collect them yourself or do you buy them? would imaging they are much the same as chicken hearts as they are both birds of a simular size, if so try some and you may be able to save the mallard before it’s to late, mallard fact I once read all domestic ducks descended from the mallard, please don’t ask for a link ?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Do you collect them yourself or do you buy them? would imaging they are much the same as chicken hearts as they are both birds of a simular size, if so try some and you may be able to save the mallard before it’s to late, mallard fact I once read all domestic ducks descended from the mallard, please don’t ask for a link ?

I'd feel like a fraud if I bought mallard hearts! Yeah I bet theyre very similar, its with you mentioning them that reminded me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Google says pancreas too .Im sure pig testicles are called that too .

Sweetbreads are the sheep’s thymus gland , found in the neck .

just googled it myself and it says it’s also the pancreas of beef and pork.  But the ones I’ve had and like are the sheep neck ones .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think the Muscovy is the only domesticated duck not descended from the mallard.

Cheers.

40 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

I was looking up roast swan, anyone tried that? 

My mole munching mate had. He had some still in the freezer and often enough mentioned that I should sample it. Only trouble was; It must have been in there about six fukking years, by then. I could never quite fancy it therefore.

Had a swan hit the wires, here, some years back. I stuck it in the freezer and canvassed several local taxidermists, to see anyone could use it. One bloke summed it up: " In thirty five years at this game, one thing I've never been asked for is a stuffed swan. "

I took it back to the river side. Overnight it was reduced to a husk and a few feathers. Wish I'd had the fukking trail cam then!

There was a taxidermist, back in the day, who notoriously ate the body of everything he mounted. Forget his name now. But, I had a Grey Phalarope by him. Wonder what That tasted like?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

My mole munching mate had. He had some still in the freezer and often enough mentioned that I should sample it. Only trouble was; It must have been in there about six fukking years, by then. I could never quite fancy it therefore.

Had a swan hit the wires, here, some years back. I stuck it in the freezer and canvassed several local taxidermists, to see anyone could use it. One bloke summed it up: " In thirty five years at this game, one thing I've never been asked for is a stuffed swan. "

I took it back to the river side. Overnight it was reduced to a husk and a few feathers. Wish I'd had the fukking trail cam then!

There was a taxidermist, back in the day, who notoriously ate the body of everything he mounted. Forget his name now. But, I had a Grey Phalarope by him. Wonder what That tasted like?

Apparently they used to eat the young ones fattened on barley , the old ones being too tough. Used to be served with the neck and wings as decoration, might try this with the chicken on Sunday!

swan-r-1.jpg

• Like 1