Badger meat.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much Badger... lol

My grandad used to tell me about eating badger hams , he said they would be smoked up the chimmock ( old Gloucestershire word for chimney) . I think it was more out of necessity than it being a delica

That protection been lifted mate .Being killed by the thousands every year now .Like a desert round us places now regarding them BUT hedgehogs are making a comeback and ground nesting birds are doing

Posted Images

I haven't eaten 1 but if they tasted any good would we not be having 1 for tea tonight? There must be a reason why people didn't eat them even in hard times and before they became, in the UK, 1 of the most protected species of animal on the planet and why they aren't on the menu in other countries. 

• Like 3

That protection been lifted mate .Being killed by the thousands every year now .Like a desert round us places now regarding them BUT hedgehogs are making a comeback and ground nesting birds are doing better .Flocks of golden plover returned for first time in years and found several lapwing nests unmolested back in spring ,Won’t ever be on the endangered list though as pockets left who weren’t in the cull .Overall a good thing really I think .

As for eating one ,no thanks .Carnivores ain’t for eating in my book ,

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

That protection been lifted mate .Being killed by the thousands every year now .Like a desert round us places now regarding them BUT hedgehogs are making a comeback and ground nesting birds are doing better .Flocks of golden plover returned for first time in years and found several lapwing nests unmolested back in spring ,Won’t ever be on the endangered list though as pockets left who weren’t in the cull .Overall a good thing really I think .

As for eating one ,no thanks .Carnivores ain’t for eating in my book ,

The protection has not been lifted. They are being "culled" but under strict licence and at vast cost to the tax payer.

46 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The protection has not been lifted. They are being "culled" but under strict licence and at vast cost to the tax payer.

No cost to tax payer mate .All costs met by farmers ,even policing .Please do your homework before making statements like that .

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

No cost to tax payer mate .All costs met by farmers ,even policing .Please do your homework before making statements like that .

My mistake, I was wrong, thank you. I always try and avoid anything to do with those animals but ignorance is no excuse for posting wrong information that assumed to be true.

• Like 2