Badger meat.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much Badger... lol

My grandad used to tell me about eating badger hams , he said they would be smoked up the chimmock ( old Gloucestershire word for chimney) . I think it was more out of necessity than it being a delica

That protection been lifted mate .Being killed by the thousands every year now .Like a desert round us places now regarding them BUT hedgehogs are making a comeback and ground nesting birds are doing

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ArchieHood said:

Been a few skinned carcasses found locally that have been  quite professionally  filleted, just wondered if anyone had tried the meat.?

Think the victorians used to eat the back legs called them hams but have not really heard of many others eating them apart from the odd cat ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Nope , but sought after for fly tying I believe lol, badger ham used to be all the rage in British pubs back in the day apparently.....

Used to have a badger fur shaving brush as well many moons ago ?

NOTW ~ for what it's worth ~ published a big story, back around the early seventies. Some bunch of " Gypsys " were explaining how they were very partial to badger hams.

As I remember, they said they'd bury the back legs, wrapped in rhubarb leaves for some time. Only time I've ever heard of it.

Had a mate once who was determined to sample every creature in england. Can't remember what he said of badger. Couldn't have been as bad as fox though. He reckons fox is fukking rank.

• Like 3

Funny isn’t it, the thought of eating something like a badger or a bear doesn’t appeal in the slightest , although I would try it.  But bear meat is supposed to feckin delicious, watched a fella on YouTube yesterday who shot a nice black bear and took pounds of fat off it and cooked lump of meat in the renders down fat.......said it was the best meat he had ever tasted.

1 hour ago, bell said:

Funny isn’t it, the thought of eating something like a badger or a bear doesn’t appeal in the slightest , although I would try it.  But bear meat is supposed to feckin delicious, watched a fella on YouTube yesterday who shot a nice black bear and took pounds of fat off it and cooked lump of meat in the renders down fat.......said it was the best meat he had ever tasted.

fckn red neck hicks will eat anything

i cant remember which one you eat spring or fall bear.

i bait bears for a guide,after what we bait them...............no thanks