Ferreting 2020 , 2021 season

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started in a garden and ended on a bit of new land today.A mix of ferreting, long net then purse nets and finished with a bit of bolting to the dogs.

Only just getting going and still the best spots to do but this is my season so far. Some good testing rabbits for the dogs today. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

top class that is?. did you miss many? 

Can't see us ever getting every rabbit in this warren fred but we can't of missed many what the dogs didn't catch we dug and it was all so holding a few rat so some extra fun and sport for the dogs and ferrets , cheers.

• Like 1
On 20/10/2020 at 18:53, Trev70 said:

Had rhvd on one farm 2 seasons back but that's making a come back and I've not seen no mixy for a few season , the dales numbers are ok steady away with them but not like they was a few years back. I found the spots that I call local which are with in a hour drive made a come back last season 30's and 40 days and it's looking like the same for this season, cheers.

That RHVD is a killer and can be carried from  spot to spot via boots or clothes so be careful with damp gear ,the Bug as I like to call it took a huge toll on Nz rabbit populations 20 years ago, now its not working at all in some areas ,however it can take years for them to recover given that the bug can wait up to a year for a host to reappear.Great pictures there by the way ,love viewing dogs working ,its close to  my heart & something we hunters never get enough of ,ATB sir .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, toolebox said:

That RHVD is a killer and can be carried from  spot to spot via boots or clothes so be careful with damp gear ,the Bug as I like to call it took a huge toll on Nz rabbit populations 20 years ago, now its not working at all in some areas ,however it can take years for them to recover given that the bug can wait up to a year for a host to reappear.Great pictures there by the way ,love viewing dogs working ,its close to  my heart & something we hunters never get enough of ,ATB sir .

I've been very lucky, been at the rabbits for over 40 years and only seen RHVD on just one of the little farms I do and hope it stays that way ?. Cheers mate plenty more pictures to come ATB.