Kart cross.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't seen this before looks awesome fun though.600cc motorbike supersport engines.  

I’ve had a go in one ,  some one left a ramp out (litterbugs) so I was bombing it round and hit the ramp , he said oh my god he’s definitely dead , turned over in the air , he said well he’s defi

Another quality of the old mini pumping your brake pedal like a looney as the car in front was rapidly looming towards your bonnet, then a quick yank on the handbrake just before impact ?? I had one y

Posted Images

13 hours ago, king said:

Was she a 1275 ? bet it sounded well though.

A lad in the village had a nice white with blue stripes road going mini full body kit lovely looking car.the guy he had it off had killed a boy with the car.

A few years later racing down the village a lad was thrown out of a fiesta landed in the road and the boy with the mini came around the bend and hit him.so 2 people had died relating to that mini.

Had a 1275 gt for my first car.... Sold it to my cousin and he put a mg turbo lump from a metro in it?now he's got a type R civic lump mounted  in his Cooper ?

Used to love the cars now just find them a pain in the arse, for every ten minutes of fun there’s hours of underneath work, and everything needs a f***ing Ecu to run these days ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Had a 1275 gt for my first car.... Sold it to my cousin and he put a mg turbo lump from a metro in it?now he's got a type R civic lump mounted  in his Cooper ?

Mad little cars the minis lol.a 1275gt for a first car.you were living the dream ?

1 minute ago, king said:

Mad little cars the minis lol.a 1275gt for a first car.you were living the dream ?

They are so loved but were actually quite horrible little things unless you were into making them go faster, it’s funny how memory erases all the bad bits, like sitting by the side of the road waiting for the engine to dry out as you went through a 2” deep puddle and flooded the electrics then hoping you had enough juice in the battery because you’ve spent 15 minutes trying to fire the b*****d thing back up again, only good thing you only had to carry 3 spanner’s a hammer some jubilee clips and a can of wd40 to get you going again in most cases ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Used to love the cars now just find them a pain in the arse, for every ten minutes of fun there’s hours of underneath work, and everything needs a f***ing Ecu to run these days ?

I agree i love motors but i dont think driving a car that you have f****d about with and know the inner workings of compares to driving a computerised box....i dont even lift the bonnets of cars these days it will mean nothing to me....dont get me wrong i appreciate the technology/speed/luxury of them but regardless what i spend on a car these days i never have that personal connection i had with shitty old cars we tinkered with years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They are so loved but were actually quite horrible little things unless you were into making them go faster, it’s funny how memory erases all the bad bits, like sitting by the side of the road waiting for the engine to dry out as you went through a 2” deep puddle and flooded the electrics then hoping you had enough juice in the battery because you’ve spent 15 minutes trying to fire the b*****d thing back up again, only good thing you only had to carry 3 spanner’s a hammer some jubilee clips and a can of wd40 to get you going again in most cases ???

They were a bit temperamental lol.

I had a black mini 1000 you could bump start the car after moving 1 ft lol.

Don’t get to involved myself and as they get newer don’t even want to lift the bonnet like yourself mate,get more problems with sensors than mechanical issues on modern stuff, just put a new set of discs and pads on this thing stripped the callipers down to nothing and rebuilt, but the abs light still refuses to go out, probably take me longer to sort the sensor than replace all the brakes, it’s a one owner from new Mazda 323 with 46 000 miles on and a full Mazda service history, saved it from the scap yard because of the abs light ?

4F90B9E8-8C64-4FFA-832F-2BB1C61EF050.jpeg

FC2AE58D-AFD1-464C-9DF6-292EAC70DB36.jpeg

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, king said:

Oldman had a Charlton gsi 3000 24valve?Couldn't get insurance on the old girls xr2... Used to hit potholes in the mini and the distributor cap would come off... No steering or brakes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Oldman had a Charlton gsi 3000 24valve?Couldn't get insurance on the old girls xr2... Used to hit potholes in the mini and the distributor cap would come off... No steering or brakes?

Another quality of the old mini pumping your brake pedal like a looney as the car in front was rapidly looming towards your bonnet, then a quick yank on the handbrake just before impact ?? I had one years gone by with a drum on one side and a disc on the other ffs ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3