Kids scope advice

13 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Your welcome just remember this when she out shoots you ??

She will definitely.  My daughter has always out shot me.

Handed her the 308 once. She never had shot a cf fullbore beforehand and proceeded to print a tighter group than me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's  got to be an eye to lens thing or height from comb to the scope centre line. A lot of scopes are a bit position critical.  If you ain't in the right place all you can see is either nothing or a black ring. A seven year old ain't the same size as you.

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

She ain't far off!! 

??????  we build em fine here. six-foot-four and full and full of muscle.!

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

six-foot-four and full and full of muscle.

lyrics from ... men at work...I come from a land  down under

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, Meece said:

??????  we build em fine here. six-foot-four and full and full of muscle.!

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

six-foot-four and full and full of muscle.

lyrics from ... men at work...I come from a land  down under

You have a good memory meece

32 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Well blow me down with a feather; it worked a treat!! After school she had a go, could see right away. Knocking over cans, she's now progressed to shooting apples off the top of cans!! 

Thanks again @Baldcoot

Shoot to kill.

Back about 1980 I  bought a 2.75 x 40 fixed power Tasco scope.  It wasn't a lot of money but the clarity, light transmission and just the view ability of the scope is briliant. It doesn't have the black ring effect at all. The image is full all of the time from any angle or distance. You don't even notice the scope body.  Although it is only 2.75 x mag I  am quite contident on headshots on rabbits out to about eighty paces Free hand with my old BSA  22lr. If I knew how good the optics on this scope were then I would have bought about 4 of them to put on different rifles. If I can see the target, I will shoot

Edited by Meece

It is only in recent times that high power zoom scopes have been touted around. When I was a kid air rifles just had iron sights. Then came the little 4x15 telescopic sights and if you  had a 4 x 20 that was the delux model.  The cross hairs were a simple cross of very fine spiders web type. Then suddenly big scopes were the thing.!  X To X mag by 56. Now every post online is about some dustbin sized optic on a 22lr rimfire.  Bear in mind that the greatest snipper  of all time the Finn Simo Hayha with around 542 confirmed kills didnt use a scope at all and the greatest Russian woman snipper Lyudmila pavlichenko with a  confirmed 309 Axis soldiers, including 36 German snipers who had been sent to kill her.!  She used the standard m1891/30 Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R with a PE 4X scope. Again it is only in recent years that the British army have utilised large scopes with 338 ammunition for super extreme long range shooting in Afghanistan and similar.