Spayed deerhound/greyhound bitch wanted

Mature spayed deerhound cross wanted as companion to my 10yr old cookslands cross. Dogs trust demand you jump through hoops so can't be arsed. My dog was castrated at 2yr when I got him, to stop any thieves in their tracks so I can't breed anyway, which I don't want to do anyway as me and my wife wouldn't part with them. 

I repeat, spayed as I don't want to breed. There was some highly insulting pre conceived comments on my first post, which was quiet upsetting!! 

• Like 4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good news. We picked up a saluki/greyhound bitch on Sunday. She's spayed, wormed, de flead and vaccinated from Deerness rescue at Durham. She's about 4 and Bruce is happy!! 

U need a ferret ?

Maybe the man likes deerhounds what does it matter to anyone else what kind of dog he wants.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Im sure theres a lurcher rescue club somewhere in the country they used to be on here, maybe they could help you out

Lurcher link 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Tartan Terrier said:

Why does it need tae be a specific type of dug if all yer after is a companion for him? Surely any bitch would dae then? Regardless of type...

Maybe the man likes deerhounds what does it matter to anyone else what kind of dog he wants.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

Cos if all he's bothered aboot is the welfare of his dug then he cannae be picky then eh. He's makin oot his dugs huvin a mental breakdoon, so just get him any dug for a companion.

I've had deerhound crosses for 35 Yr. I know the breed and trust their traits. I just like them. Saying that I'm going to introduce Bruce to a saluki cross that's in deerness rescue at Durham tomorrow. She's a six yr old bitch. Has anyone got experience of a saluki cross. 

26 minutes ago, Haighy1964 said:

I've had deerhound crosses for 35 Yr. I know the breed and trust their traits. I just like them. Saying that I'm going to introduce Bruce to a saluki cross that's in deerness rescue at Durham tomorrow. She's a six yr old bitch. Has anyone got experience of a saluki cross. 

I wisnae bein funny Haighy1964, but ye were sayin yer dugs no eatin and depressed etc, and ye wanted one asap. im jus meanin if yer lookin for a companion as a matter eh urgency for yer dug tae help it oot. Then your taste in dug shouldnae matter if its just for him as ye stated.

Anyway, nae harm intended. Hope ye get whitever yer after. Atb wae yer dug.

Thanks mate. My first choice is deerhound cross but needs and the current situation will dictate what we get. Deerness kennels round my neck of the woods is normally full to capacity, they have one, the bitch I'm going to see tomorrow.

Once covid is over what's going to happen to all the rescue dogs when the new owners aren't working from home and have to put on a leader after a long day at the office. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Terrier said:

I wisnae bein funny Haighy1964, but ye were sayin yer dugs no eatin and depressed etc, and ye wanted one asap. im jus meanin if yer lookin for a companion as a matter eh urgency for yer dug tae help it oot. Then your taste in dug shouldnae matter if its just for him as ye stated.

Anyway, nae harm intended. Hope ye get whitever yer after. Atb wae yer dug.

jesus....that some accent you have....:laugh:

• Haha 4