Any springer fettlers

Got 1 in my Remmington, far better now.Having polished the internals ,the delrin guides make for much smoother action.

Having each end of the spring "cushioned" removed the "twang"  from squeezing the trigger.

More consistent power and less noise with a smoother cocking action i think it was worth it imho

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Got 1 in my Remmington, far better now.Having polished the internals ,the delrin guides make for much smoother action.

Having each end of the spring "cushioned" removed the "twang"  from squeezing the trigger.

More consistent power and less noise with a smoother cocking action i think it was worth it imho

Which Remington do you have, if you don’t mind me asking?

23 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Express xp in .22 ,with a handmade mod by a bloke called Blades off airgunforum. 

Cut the pointless plastic tube off the end and fitted and 1/2unf adapter. 

20200425_180444.jpg

Blade does some really nice stuff and has a lot of people who rate what he does.

Phil

• Like 1
On 18/10/2020 at 10:53, Baldcoot said:

Express xp in .22 ,with a handmade mod by a bloke called Blades off airgunforum. 

Cut the pointless plastic tube off the end and fitted and 1/2unf adapter. 

20200425_180444.jpg

I’ve been pondering about doing that with my Remington Sabre Thumbhole in .22

Did you actually cut the mod off or break it up,is that a guntuff 1/2 adapter if so what size diameter did you buy?should imagine be same diameter for Sabre,the only thing that has put me off is inaccuracy and whether if not lined up properly would cause clipping of new mod.

would you say there’s a difference in noise level?

sorry for so many questions 

Cut it off about 1" from the backend and cut away what remains. The adaptor has a 16mm hole as the barrel is 15.2 mm and its a snug fit .

The way to stop clipping it is to ensure your cut is as straight as possible so the adaptor sits true .

The noise by your ear sounds the same as its a springer but the bang end is quiter imho.

Atb

• Like 1