So then lads I’ve never looked on this part of the site and I deffo think I wouldn’t mind having a go at it. So without looking through every thread I’d just like to know what one would be best to buy and which ball bearings are best. Can see me having a bit of fun with my lad. Keep him a bit entertained as he does get a bit boared if not much going on when he comes for a walk. He’s a footballer so thinks it’s always going to be non stop action but if maybe he can have a go at hitting a few bunnies on the edge or a squirrel I’m sure hel enjoy our walks more. Or if anyone has any lying around they don’t use I’ll happily buy from you. Cheers lads Atb Igz

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Get a couple of the cheap scout copies off eBay mate, I bought 2 an we having great fun with them, 23 quid for 2 or there about, an then get bands or tubes ( they do come with cheap ones that are poo) an a box a ball bearings, I use 10mm ones from balls of steel an paid about 40 quid for 2000 I think, an iv had much more fun that I ever did with air rifles that cost way more? no where near good yet but starting to hit stuff, I personally think tubes are best for me but I’ll keep trying both an see how they pan out?
link to cheap scout copy https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=HDPE+Professional+Outdoor+SPORT+hunting+slingshots+Catapult+smail+pro+slingshot&_trksid=m5467.l1311 

some right decent folks about into it pal, from the guy who sold me balls to the guy who I got bands off an members on here only happy to sort advice or set a bands to let you try, enjoy?

Cheers mate I’ll give them a go. Been having a look at black widows I remember them from when I was a kid. Do you know if they any good although they are around the 25 mark for one. Might give these ones a go first see how we get on ?

Have a look at the Wasp Uniphoxx, really good little frame that can take flat bands or tubes and can be set up to shoot OTT (over the top) or TTF (through the forks). I got the band clips for mine too which makes it really easy to change bands around (https://www.waspslingshots.co.uk/standard-slingshots-1). Katchum's recommendation is good too, I think i'm gonna have to bag one of them scout copies myself now haha! 

Honestly mate, modern cattys are a million times better than black widows are. There's loads of good stuff on Youtube that you can learn from and a lot of good lads into it who are more than happy to help folk out too. 

49 minutes ago, oblivious said:

Have a look at the Wasp Uniphoxx, really good little frame that can take flat bands or tubes and can be set up to shoot OTT (over the top) or TTF (through the forks). I got the band clips for mine too which makes it really easy to change bands around (https://www.waspslingshots.co.uk/standard-slingshots-1). Katchum's recommendation is good too, I think i'm gonna have to bag one of them scout copies myself now haha! 

Honestly mate, modern cattys are a million times better than black widows are. There's loads of good stuff on Youtube that you can learn from and a lot of good lads into it who are more than happy to help folk out too. 

Cheers mate I’ll have a look and it’s not like they loads of money so might try a couple of different types and see how we get on with them ?

On 17/10/2020 at 22:38, Igz said:

Cheers mate I’ll have a look and it’s not like they loads of money so might try a couple of different types and see how we get on with them ?

It can quickly become an addiction if you aren't careful lol. One of the best things about cattys is that even the top of the range ones are around £50 a piece (PPMG+, Goblet Evo etc) and there are so many decent frames around that £20 mark that will do everything you want them to no problem.

Catty landed today, got myself a wasp uphinoxxba bag of practice balls aswel so see how I get on hitting a few targets. Forgot to order ball bearings so will order them today. Think I might go for the 10 or 11s . Which would people say will be best but suppose not much difference Atb Igz 

I rate 11mm the highest ( using a 0.8 band cut 25-20mm). Good combination of speed and hitting power, but they may not be everyone's first choice. The best thing is to get a few different sizes and give them a try. Just keep in mind that you can't always use the same band thickness/ cut for different sizes of ammo. 

• Like 1

Cheers mate am going to order some 11mm steels and think I may go get myself a box of 8mm nuts aswel as few people seem to think there decent from reading through a through threads. 

41C62C53-93C5-44CA-B51D-5FCB7480C729.jpeg

• Like 3

I brought these bands separate to the ones that came with it. Not sure why I never put the ones on that did but I’ll see how I do with these. Others are black and a little thicker I think. What’s the difference ?

14 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Email wasp and they will tell you what they sent and will recommend a bearing size. Where did you buy the green bands ? 

Brought them off the wasp website mate

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/10/2020 at 15:08, Igz said:

So then lads I’ve never looked on this part of the site and I deffo think I wouldn’t mind having a go at it. So without looking through every thread I’d just like to know what one would be best to buy and which ball bearings are best. Can see me having a bit of fun with my lad. Keep him a bit entertained as he does get a bit boared if not much going on when he comes for a walk. He’s a footballer so thinks it’s always going to be non stop action but if maybe he can have a go at hitting a few bunnies on the edge or a squirrel I’m sure hel enjoy our walks more. Or if anyone has any lying around they don’t use I’ll happily buy from you. Cheers lads Atb Igz

Like has been said befor the wasp uniphox is spot on. also wasp dose the imp what is a small frame so may be easier for a kid to use and you can buy it in a tin with BBS and bands .https://www.waspslingshots.co.uk/product-page/wasp-imp-bb-shooting-kit-boxed-with-accessories

Edited by Jay w