Wanted deerhound x bitch

14 hours ago, ratcher said:

He doesn’t breed the ass of all them dogs for mates tho does he , he does it for £ ? put the fella who started this thread in touch with him , I’m sure they would get on grate ??

You must be a clairvoyant with your pre conception 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This here is Morton mate.A more sympathetic,friendly and happier soul you will never find.

I had plans to give this young Deerhound bitch a spin on the white hares; Sadly it never came off, would have been interesting to see how she fared . Cheers.

Go to the nearest car boot and buy it a teddy,at 20p it will be far cheaper than another Kc deerhound turd.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Haighy1964 said:

Wtf ya f***ing cheeky b*****d. I want a quiet mature bitch for my 10 Yr old deerhound cross. The first thing I would do is get it spayed ya f***ing dick. 

Nasty post that..

9 hours ago, Haighy1964 said:

I am the original poster mate. I don't want a Kc Deerhound. I want a deerhound cross, as my post states. My dog is a cookslands deerhound/greyhound Cross and he is mint. I want similar as a pack member. 

Welcome to the hunting life mate as nothing changes on here atb with ya search mate.

On 16/10/2020 at 19:55, Haighy1964 said:

2 to 3 Yr old bitch wanted to be a companion to my cookslands dog. He's lost his mate and is depressed. Must have a lovely nature. Anyone got Trevors, cookslands deerhound phone number if you haven't got a bitch., ?

P H sent you a Personal Message atb T

LOL??    Of course they haven't improved. The question is "how badly have they deteriorated?". Even back then a lot didn't work them regularly like good lurcher owners would. Most were probably run half a dozen times a year if that.

I must admit I'm a fan of lurchers with deerhound blood and though most would disagree I still think they have a bit to offer to a certain type of lurcher. For a start, if you like a big dog they increase the size without losing overall "running dog" make and structure. If reared right the hybrids tend to have good feet and have a light bounding stride that helps them over rough country. They have a strong neck and a big gob to carry small game without crushing it to death first.

There are downsides of course, as there are with every type but I like 'em.

• Like 4
On 19/10/2020 at 18:42, sandymere said:

Have they improved over the last 30 years?

What were they thinking :laugh:

This is is in a time when all quarry was on the menu! What on earth do they think those plodding donkeys are gonna catch?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

What were they thinking :laugh:

This is is in a time when all quarry was on the menu! What on earth do they think those plodding donkeys are gonna catch?

There going to help there owners catch a cold 

On 19/10/2020 at 17:42, sandymere said:

Have they improved over the last 30 years?

Not really a fair appraisal of the breed though is it? Wasn't that club, or similar clubs, set up just to try to get deerhounds, that had been bred for f**k all apart from showing for a few generations, back to getting the 'coursing instinct' and a bit of speed, stamina and agility, back into the modern strains of deerhound, instead of just letting the breed sink lower and lower down the pan? Something along those lines anyway.

Just to add, though I'm by no means a deerhound expert, I've personally seen a few pure deerhounds that make those dogs in that clip look ridiculous,  and have plenty of speed, stamina and agilty, that are also more than acceptable at catching quarry.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3