Recession or not?

Very strange times fellas,just like everyone's thoughts on this if that's ok.?my phone went mental  with this last lockdown,been flat out all year,so have  many of my mates in  construction  too.but I've noticed my phone has not been ringing constantly recently.what does,dark eves,colder weather,Xmas break,another lockdown etc etc mean.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I liquidated my business over 5 years back and came out about straight, prior to that I was having to take 17k+ a week to break even, Im now in a recession proof job and Mrs works full time in hospita

I think a lot of people have been fiddling while Rome burned mate and with this second wave coming folks are starting to see this is for the long haul. My old industry is decimated, designers and

That crash of the late 80s / early 90s was brutal, lads were chucking themselves off buildings and all sorts. Bloke I know had 300 people working on Canary Wharf on the Monday and on the Tuesday

From what I've been hearing the funding that the government put in place worked and kept things ticking over nicely but that will all come to an end soon and then we are going see how things really are. 

Imo there's definitely going to be a down turn in February or March but I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Very strange times fellas,just like everyone's thoughts on this if that's ok.?my phone went mental  with this last lockdown,been flat out all year,so have  many of my mates in  construction  too.but I've noticed my phone has not been ringing constantly recently.what does,dark eves,colder weather,Xmas break,another lockdown etc etc mean.

I think a lot of people have been fiddling while Rome burned mate and with this second wave coming folks are starting to see this is for the long haul.

My old industry is decimated, designers and manufacturers closing London showrooms, all the reps crying their eyes out, firms are shedding all excess expenses lively.....it’s f****d like.

Commercial space ain’t going to be worth f**k for a while, maybe a long while so all the D&B boys will be quiet as the grave.

This is going to get dark mate.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

From what I've been hearing the funding that the government put in place worked and kept things ticking over nicely but that will all come to an end soon and then we are going see how things really are. 

Imo there's definitely going to be a down turn in February or March but I hope I'm wrong. 

I totally agree dog man i have gone from 25 to 35 calls emails a day to 10 to 15 which is a lot more than a lot of lads round here get but I'm expecting big job loses soon so it will have a knock on effect sooner rather than later that's when I expect big changes Dec Jan Feb 

Edited by Blackmag
18 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I totally agree dog man i have gone from 25 to 35 calls emails a day to 10 to 15 which is a lot more than a lot of lads round here get but I'm expecting big job loses soon so it will have a knock on effect sooner rather than later that's when I expect big changes Dec Jan Feb 

With all the 50 grand interest free loans that were handed out it propped a lot of small businesses up and kept them spending but that was a short term fix but when the government hand outs stop and businesses have to tighten up their spending properly is when ordinary working lads are going to see the fallout. 

• Like 2

Thankfully I'm working for a small construction company and the job is working for a bloke who's just sold his company for over 50 mill he's bought and old farm and turning it into a house so I've got 3 years work s o I shouldn't be affected

Edited by keepdiggin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All great posts boys,like said the govt money will go,job losses surely follow,also office rentals could kill it,a call center would of had desks rammed in,now they have to distance them out,making floor area less profitable.??

3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Thankfully I'm working for a small construction company and the job is working for a bloke who's just sold his company for over 50 mill he's bought and old farm and turning it into a house so I've got 3 years work s o I shouldn't be affected

Thats the job ,them jobs are just the answer.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

All great posts boys,like said the govt money will go,job losses surely follow,also office rentals could kill it,a call center would of had desks rammed in,now they have to distance them out,making floor area less profitable.??

Firms are starting to see that why should they be paying £60 a square foot plus rates for office space when everyone can work from home and they just bung them an extra £30 a month in their wages.

Dont have to buy them a desk or chair or a cupboard, don’t have to put up screens, don’t have to insure them......I know of one big law firm and they sent home their office of 3000+ people at the start of lockdown and nobody is going to come back this year, they are clearing the buildings.

Rented desk space or home working is what has been happening.

Of course there will be a knock on for all the firms that support these places, stationary, Sandwhich shops, water companies, photo copier people blah blah blah 

Yep, it’s going to get ugly I reckon....

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Hasn't britain been run on a 'Boom / Bust' economy since, basically, for ever that anyone remembers?

It’s been run on a “rinse all the businesses and people for as much as possible, piss the money away, oh shit there’s f**k all left “ economy mate 

That’s why businesses won’t survive, the exes are just too f***ing big.......I think most lads would say it’s the exes that kill you.

• Like 1

There could be hundreds of thousands who are not going to make their mortgage payments what's going to happen to them, this is going to show the negative effect of house prices being at unrealistic levels,most people in this country have very little money in savings to weather the storm, it's definitely going to get messy.

• Like 2