Went to zero in a new scope i bought from weebster on here, scope is great (cheers pal).

Opend a new tin of bizey mags which i always use, normally takes just a few shots to zero in but i used about 4 mags and still not done, maybe 2 or 3 pellet on pellet then off again, thought it was the scope then checked the pellets, loads with nibs on the end which they normally have but this tin had some with big nibs some small and some with none, so im asking whats the best heavy pellets you lads are using, i dont think il be using these again, this is what i was getting at 35mtrs which is normally within a few mill of pellet on pellet at this range, you can see the difference in the pellets.

20201015_101833.jpg

20201015_101157.jpg

Try some JSB Heavy, nice pellet. I tested some in my 110k which were really good so tried on a few pigeon....................perfik. ?

I still had a part used tin of Biz Mags from when I had my 100KT and were spot on in that gun but not as good as the JSB in my current 110k.

Phil

• Like 2

I used heavy pellets for years thinking they’d hold the wind best but tried them light ones and the 100 loved them even in the wind they still held there ground, use the express in the little ultra all the time.. good pellet for killing everything 

• Like 3

I did try the jsb 8.4 last year but they werent as good as the mags si, the local gunshop didnt sell jsb heavies untill recently, il see what theyr like on longshots when i get a chance and hopefully theyl be good, to be honest iv had some great long shots with mags but too many dodgy pellet in them lately, 

Yeah the quality of the mags is random as f... my furthest rabbit sub 12 was with a biz mag but like you said the quality is pap. 
used jsb heavy for ages and they were sound but I liked the fact that the light weights fly fat and my distance judgment is shite nowadays ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

Yeah the quality of the mags is random as f... my furthest rabbit sub 12 was with a biz mag but like you said the quality is pap. 
used jsb heavy for ages and they were sound but I liked the fact that the light weights fly fat and my distance judgment is shite nowadays ?

What do you mean Si.................................nowadays ? 

Phil

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, philpot said:

Try some JSB Heavy, nice pellet. I tested some in my 110k which were really good so tried on a few pigeon....................perfik. ?

I still had a part used tin of Biz Mags from when I had my 100KT and were spot on in that gun but not as good as the JSB in my current 110k.

Phil

Same here, my hw100 .177 likes bisley magnums, but the jsb heavy have the edge. Even at 50 yards, spot on?

• Like 1

There laser like in my KS. 1/4 inch at silly ranges. Everything else is gash. Preferred barrel diet between every gun, even same manufacturer and model is mad init.

Know what you mean by that little nipple on every head too. I too thought... hmmmm. But spot on. 

• Like 1

Always been the best pellet for me aswell Rez but the last tin has put me off, drove an hour to permission couldn't zero gun with them, luckily i got a close rabbit but ended up coming home within an hour, pissed me off, cant be doing that again

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

JSB Exact Express 7.87g, 4.52 through all my rifles, extremely accurate and hard hitting.

Falcon Accuracy Plus 5.52, 13.43g through all my .22`s.

It's funny Mark how you and Mitch find the lighter pellet works so well for you both. I really tried to switch to light pellets following you guys in .177 for my HW100 but had no joy at all however the AA express .177 were fantastic in my TX200  and pretty good in my HW99.  In all the .22 guns, JSB RS gave perfect results and far better than standard or heavy pellets.

I bought a fair few JSB Heavy and Exacts which I am working my way through but then try some AA Express or Exact Express in the HW110.  It is really interesting subject and quite subjective.

Phil

• Like 1