Kerry blue terrier

2 hours ago, samboy said:

My mates got a pure Kerry and it's a raving lunatic. Don't stop barking and wants to bite everybody.

most are sneaky retarded fuckers, and if they pick on a dog that can give it back to them they jack  fairly quick,i saw a wheaten and kerry matched up in the square years back and the kerry had nothing to offer,the wheaten wiped the floor with him,and it jumped the wall to escape

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've recently brought myself a pup with a healthy dose of Kerry blue terrier in it. Anybody else running dogs with this in the mix? What can I expect? Any good? Sire is supposed to be good and pups we

Sire Kerry blue x grey

Posted Images

7 hours ago, jigsaw said:

most are sneaky retarded fuckers, and if they pick on a dog that can give it back to them they jack  fairly quick,i saw a wheaten and kerry matched up in the square years back and the kerry had nothing to offer,the wheaten wiped the floor with him,and it jumped the wall to escape

whats the  Irish Terrier like in temp  , compare to the Kerry ?   i did see a Irish terrier x whippetx grey  in the 80s , this seemed ok temp, the lad had out mooching for rabbits, it looked keen and bit of pace about, about 23in  rough coat  brown color  nice small type lurcher . 

7 hours ago, bird said:

whats the  Irish Terrier like in temp  , compare to the Kerry ?   i did see a Irish terrier x whippetx grey  in the 80s , this seemed ok temp, the lad had out mooching for rabbits, it looked keen and bit of pace about, about 23in  rough coat  brown color  nice small type lurcher . 

The few I've seen, very laid back and non aggressive, 

I see one good first x dog was a decent rabbit and fox dog got killed last year off a stake on the lamp, we keep a few heavy dogs and Wheaton I find kerry blues just dog fighters in the field when the tough gets going they seem to not like it from my experience, but I hope you get great sport from your pup in the future atb 

I remember my gdad given my auld fella a 3/4 hound 1/4 blue  as a pup but as it got older it was just too aloof and too much for the auld man around us as kids no kennels them times just a tied up job so passed on to his buddy's, but I do remember seen the dog in later years smashing fox from cover during a few bushing weekends and the dog must a been shoven double figures. 

The Irish Terrier bitch I had was fine with other dogs, she would never start trouble and would happily play. If another dog started trouble she would remember them and hold a grudge. Absolutely bombproof with the kids. 

Good luck with your pup. 

On 15/10/2020 at 12:18, Moocher71 said:

I only see two Kerry lurchers and they good vermin dogs and shame they not used as much these days same goes for Irish terrier .plenty of spirit in kerrys ,a good mate as two Kerry terriers and good dogs apart from they want to fight any dog they see so must work them on there own ,it's price tag that comes with these terriers that stops field men getting them but that's down to show folk ££££

your pup half terrier then ? 

wish you all the best mate 

I nearly got a full kerry blue but heard they can be murder with other dogs and hard as nails.

Although they say that the breed has been watered down somewhat over the years and not anywhere near as feisty as they were in the past. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, fielder said:

The Irish Terrier bitch I had was fine with other dogs, she would never start trouble and would happily play. If another dog started trouble she would remember them and hold a grudge. Absolutely bombproof with the kids. 

Good luck with your pup. 

With the irish terrier was it not the case that the red us were classed as wheatons and the Blue uns became Kerrys,?.