22 yr old.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just the sound of rain on my tarp ....and I'm back in Nam ,the rainy season ..the rice paddies ..Charlie whispering in the dark... Lt Bukowski whimpering bout missing home ....the cries of the wounded

I was gonna reply Max but I was going to say Paul Weller was writing great stuff when he was in his teens. No need for you to be so confrontational and bombastic in your posts. Basic manners

Who remembers years ago when the The Sun gave a monkey some paint and paper, they framed his daubs and set them up in a little gallery and then got a load of these poncy art critic types down there to

Posted Images

At 22 years old i was driving a old Bedford truck towing my caravan without a single legality, going to festivals in hippy convoys and running a few police roadblocks along the way and it was fecking brilliant fun...:victory: :laugh:...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, socks said:

I never listen to music and could go for the rest of my life without listening to music. 

I know you wouldnt want it or give a f**k but i feel a bit gutted about this

Everybody should have a bit of music in their life

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, fireman said:

At 22 years old i was driving a old Bedford truck towing my caravan without a single legality, going to festivals in hippy convoys and running a few police roadblocks along the way and it was fecking brilliant fun...:victory: :laugh:...

LSD is one hell of a drug ?

Can't do that shit anymore because everyone is nobbin ket and coke! Gone are the old days of old skool pills, mushies and trips. Not condoning but it's wild nowadays. Kids have no guidance.i remember my local dealer knocking me back because I was (in his eyes) too young lol

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Art is amazing and awe inspiring but it can't reach the soul like music. 

Completely agree. I have a degree in Fine Art from Falmouth Art College (way back in the late 80s early 90s) so I'm fully in favour of a bit of art in everyone's lives...but...no matter how good a painting is it can't bring out the range of emotions music can. There are so many songs that remind me of my wonderful mum that just thinking of the opening bars of "Wind Beneath My Wings" or "Run" by Snow Patrol and I'm blubbing. I doubt if a portrait by Auerbach, Giacometti, Modigliani or Soutine could do that.

One of my favourite art-isn't-all-that quotes was from Alberto Giacometti: "If a house was burning I'd leave the Rembrandt and save the cat."

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Treat others as they treat you and King is a prize Cnut so I thought I'd give him some back .

Dont loose your shite over it Dykos ?

A prize cnut you say max.and that's coming from a man who has a man crush on tyson fury.you max are a total fecking clown.

2 hours ago, socks said:

I never listen to music and could go for the rest of my life without listening to music. 

Have you tragically cut both your ears off as well mate ? 

• Haha 5
48 minutes ago, mushroom said:

LSD is one hell of a drug ?

Can't do that shit anymore because everyone is nobbin ket and coke! Gone are the old days of old skool pills, mushies and trips. Not condoning but it's wild nowadays. Kids have no guidance.i remember my local dealer knocking me back because I was (in his eyes) too young lol

Fckin hell mush, give it a rest ??

""In my day the dealers looked out for you and the pills were better" 

I look back on my youth through Rose tinted glasses but that's the best yet ???

• Haha 2

One thing I will say, art isn’t just painting ?

I wouldn’t be a massive fan of paintings but design, buildings, places I think can be considered art if they invoke a certain emotion......they are the things I like.

• Like 3