22 yr old.

14 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I love classical music. Takes a very different brain to compose ;)

All music and art is subjective, either love it or hate it, age has no bearing imo.

I love classical music too, I often listen to it in my car..... When I'm alone of course. ?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just the sound of rain on my tarp ....and I'm back in Nam ,the rainy season ..the rice paddies ..Charlie whispering in the dark... Lt Bukowski whimpering bout missing home ....the cries of the wounded

I was gonna reply Max but I was going to say Paul Weller was writing great stuff when he was in his teens. No need for you to be so confrontational and bombastic in your posts. Basic manners

Who remembers years ago when the The Sun gave a monkey some paint and paper, they framed his daubs and set them up in a little gallery and then got a load of these poncy art critic types down there to

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I love classical music. Takes a very different brain to compose ;)

All music and art is subjective, either love it or hate it, age has no bearing imo.

Who remembers years ago when the The Sun gave a monkey some paint and paper, they framed his daubs and set them up in a little gallery and then got a load of these poncy art critic types down there to review this fake “exciting new artist” lol 

They were coming out with all sorts of pretentious old bollocks.......then they told them it was a monkey ? lol 

I genuinely live for stuff like that ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Really? Like Mush said it's all subjective but art does not reach me like music does, I suppose we are all wired differently. 

Don't listen to mushy ,he's too small to matter ..when you have experienced that feeling ( Nietzche called it Rausch )it doesn't matter if your looking at a work of art ,lists ing to music or walking in the woods ,you have no say  in the matter ,subjectivity and taste don't come into it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Really? Like Mush said it's all subjective but art does not reach me like music does, I suppose we are all wired differently. 

We are mate. I'm not a fan of art, unless it's 3000 + years old. Don't like paintings but I do respect the artists. I've seen some of nearly every famous artists' works and still it doesn't move me. Play me a piece from Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky etc and I cannot help but be moved.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Don't listen to mushy ,he's too small to matter ..when you have experienced that feeling ( Nietzche called it Rausch )it doesn't matter if your looking at a work of art ,lists ing to music or walking in the woods ,you have no say  in the matter ,subjectivity and taste don't come into it .

Hark you quoting Nietzsche lol.... have you been on the whisky?

26 minutes ago, Astanley said:

A painting of a sour faced cow just doesn't do anything for me even if the artist is da Vinci. 

33 minutes ago, socks said:

I never listen to music and could go for the rest of my life without listening to music. 

I could spend the rest of my days never speaking to another soul again.... As long as I had my tunes... 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1