A few hour with a kit

20 minutes ago, Dan Newcombe said:

Sorry - not you, I meant that’s what I was always told.  

interested to know if giving them a run out in their first year would be any benefit as I’ve got 2 nice young hills from this year that might benefit from a run about  

Just give them a go mate if their not ready give them a go after Christmas. This kit is a late summer kit her mother didn't take on her first mating she'll not be out every week like the other ferrets but I like to see early signs of them being a good un then take it steady with them.

Personally I often find kits need a bit of time and best to be patient, some will take to it straight away but don’t give up on them if they don’t do a lot at first. Got a cracker here from last year and almost got rid as was so inconsistent. One minute great then next trip rubbish but by the end of the season he was first ferret in the box and just did the job no problem. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Newcombe said:

Fair enough, definitely will. These weren’t late kits and they are pretty wick things. 

I always just held them back a bit because that’s what I was told as a youngster. 

Every one has their way this is just my way I don't Know if it's right or wrong but it works for me mate 

We shall see - probably give them a run and back them up with the hob they are living with so not relying on them alone and go from there. 

I’m usually a bit slow entering things to be fair, like to give them plenty time especially dogs and that just carries over 

got plenty ferrets to do the season so not the end of the world if they aren’t ready - cheers for the feedback. 

• Like 1