Lakeland terrier pups?

15 hours ago, Tartan Terrier said:

I wis watchin an auld video wae Bert Gripton the other day. He wis talkin aboot his best dugs goin for 300 odd. Disgustin prices these days!

That needs to be taken in perspective. £300 for a terrier pup would be a lot of money until very recently. 1980's the big names in Russells starting selling off the family silver, mostly to USA and Europe then Lakeland/Patterdale men followed on. It's come full circle. Any fool can buy a terrier these days that would have been be a potential Great Yorkshire show winner 40 year ago, but it would struggle because other fools also now have them. They may all look the part but will they work like the ones 40 year ago used to?

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, eastcoast said:

That needs to be taken in perspective. £300 for a terrier pup would be a lot of money until very recently. 1980's the big names in Russells starting selling off the family silver, mostly to USA and Europe then Lakeland/Patterdale men followed on. It's come full circle. Any fool can buy a terrier these days that would have been be a potential Great Yorkshire show winner 40 year ago, but it would struggle because other fools also now have them. They may all look the part but will they work like the ones 40 year ago used to?

Aye, i get that the value eh cash hus changed anol Eastcoast. But for me, ye cannae justify chargin 1500 odd for a Fell. We're nae better than the money chasin KC c***s otherwise in ma opinion.

• Like 4

how I look at it those paying determines the price if you have bred a litter to sell it's a no brainer if suddenly the price goes up from 300 to 1500 a pup , let's face it  few of these terriers  have worked and even if they do 99% of the pups wont be all into pet homes

I remember selling 3 pup for £30 each to two brother,  next  time I saw those pup was 3 weeks later in Weston Park for a £100 each and they sold them I felt a right mug 

so if I was selling I'd be selling for the top price 

anyone looking for worker should just ask there mates 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Tartan Terrier said:

Aye, i get that the value eh cash hus changed anol Eastcoast. But for me, ye cannae justify chargin 1500 odd for a Fell. We're nae better than the money chasin KC c***s otherwise in ma opinion.

Tartan... had to read it twice , but your bang on the money mate?

• Like 2