How the fukc .....

Just watching ... surgeons at the edge of life ......

It takes years and years of dedication and endless hours of work and study to get to the level of these guys ... they can be working 50+ hours a week with operations lasting over 12 hours. Their magnificent skills save people’s lives on a daily basis and some of the things they achieve are almost miraculous ......

so how the fukc do they only earn in a year a fraction of what top sport stars earn in a day ... fukcing world is upside down .......

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

And the tv and newspapers make out people who sing a few songs or act in films are super stars.or even mega stars etc.

They ain't no super stars at all.

The real superstars are the surgeons you have mentioned Ken. Some surgeons operating on a few day old children and ultimately saving there lives.thats a real superstar..

• Like 8

Supply and demand, the celebs earn those kinds of money because we are willing to pay for it. 

Rock stars, sports stars, movie stars sell their product to millions of people across the world, those huge wages are inevitable in a free market. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Totally joke.simon Cowell got this country worked out,make a few bands up,get them a great marketing manager,songwriter,and so on and boom ,money maker.

And the gullible public lapped it up sitting on there couches watching cowells programmes and thinking this is amazing ? 

He played it spot on didn't he.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Supply and demand, the celebs earn those kinds of money because we are willing to pay for it. 

Rock stars, sports stars, movie stars sell their product to millions of people across the world, those huge wages are inevitable in a free market. 

In a nutshell mate...

It may not be right but the entertainment industry has no ceiling when it comes to wages...

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

In a nutshell mate...

It may not be right but the entertainment industry has no ceiling when it comes to wages...

We are willing to pay for their wages at the drop of a hat but suggest we pay more tax and we'd rather have our eyes gouged out. ?

Agree about surgeons also read today about a soldier who’s been persecuted over an allegation in I think Basra , 17yrs they’ve hounded this man cost the British tax payer millions and the bloke still hasn’t received his pension after a 2 yr Waite . . Those who deserve our respect and paid for what they actually do on the level they work ie saving lives and fighting for their country seem to be overshadowed by f****n idiots who could barely tie their show laces The Mentality Today Is Crazy !! 

• Like 3

AND all the movies who prance about and make believe they are someone else on stage get made into Sir Something.  "  Tell me father,  What did you do at work today?"  "well son I pranced bout a bit, and I pointed and posed a bit"!!!   vermin>>. Cut the licence fee.  And that fish face Lloyd webber was squeaking that the Gov should give him a handout to keep the palladium going.  !! they should send a bulldozer round and flatten the place.  That would stop the losses. You watch,  it'll be Sir Philip Schofield soon. Lord bum boy of the masses.  I have the highest admiration for all of those doctors and surgeons.  They are so down to earth and give great sacrifices of family life to help others.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Balaur said:

We've been very lucky with surgeon who's saved my boy twice, probably first op was 13hours and he was there before and after to check on us. Second op was probably 9hours or so. He is god , has a calm confidence which is reassuring, first time I met him when you're signing your kid's life away as there's a miriad of risks, I was like tell me is he coming out the other side and is he gonna be f****d up. And the guy said well unfortunately we do this a lot but in turn that makes us f***ing good at it. Sheer confidence and it's very necessary when you're doing that stuff every day. True super stars.

Yes mate those people are just incredible, must be difficult enough for them too with peoples loved ones fate in thier hands.hope your lads doing well.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, king said:

And the gullible public lapped it up sitting on there couches watching cowells programmes and thinking this is amazing ? 

He played it spot on didn't he.

I never used to like Simon cowell until I watched a tv programme about him it changed my mind he puts millions to different charities every year and as for surgeons socks you are spot on,w

We do on the whole put way more value on superficial ways of killing time unfortunately. You only have to flick through Netflix to see most of it is utter wank or listen to the endless chatter about what team will do what. But we sign up & pay the fee.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I never used to like Simon cowell until I watched a tv programme about him it changed my mind he puts millions to different charities every year and as for surgeons socks you are spot on,w

Easy to do when you earn many millions a year and his tax bill is £20,000,000 + every year ,so no big deal in giving something you won't miss away imo..

• Like 1