Crossing for size.

18 hours ago, Runthemhard said:

my thinking was a alround dog that could go from small game to predtores to blood tracking

Maybe a jagd x dratthharr a working airdale or a rein terrier I would have said would do the job you want it doesn’t have to have sighthound in the makeup by the sound of it 

21 hours ago, Runthemhard said:

my thinking was a alround dog that could go from small game to predtores to blood tracking

A couple of jags will do that bud.They will not fit to ground on groundhog holes in your area.They will need tracking collars.These terriers will have the manners of a rabid Tasmanian devil but they will do what you asking.There is a peddler in KY called Cumberland pack.If you called him up he might know someone locally who could take you out hunting.Just keep your money in your pocket and take your time ?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, General lee said:

Maybe a jagd x dratthharr a working airdale or a rein terrier I would have said would do the job you want it doesn’t have to have sighthound in the makeup by the sound of it 

i will say the jagd x dratthharr sounds like it could have a lot going for it

Got no experience whatsoever with your style of hunting  but some on foxes here with sight hounds .Fighting a predator is not usually a recipe for a long life for any dog whereas killing it clean usually is .With foxes the knack always appeared to be to get it off the ground and shake it causing massive trauma .The dog required to do so needs to be a little taller than its prey and that is where you answer lies .Im guessing from what I’ve seen on the net ,yotes  will stream into smaller dogs regardless of their prowess but seem  to give a bigger dog bit of respect unless it’s outwardly cowardly .Your acquisition needs the determination of a terrier put to the height of a sighthound .Here we use the bull x greyhound  for such an occasion .
Id say in combination with a tough type of busher , these would be your way forward but good luck in your choice mate and let us know the outcome please .

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think for coyote you need to put bull blood instead of hunting terrier they are just too small,end of story.My mate had whippet/pit/russells that would hunt pigs but not much pace for other animals here.

Yeah I found out a few guys over here have been crossing apbt with shepherds with petty good results

2 hours ago, Runthemhard said:

Yeah I found out a few guys over here have been crossing apbt with shepherds with petty good results

I obviously don't know anything about coyote hunting(from Oz) but you might need a bit more leg than that cross to catch,saying that I had a pitbull/ mastiff that caught a few foxes and roos in his day but not on open ground.