Just pick up a nice little.  22 hornet from the pawn shop for a cool $165. Seems like it will be a nice little round to play with on the reloading bench.  I need to scrub the bore and order a new scope ,base and rings too, what it's got would work but I need to stretch my neck abit out if my comfort zone .249645101_full-34110-64083-img_20201006_142309(1).jpg.31d7ac02188cfcd26d13ac012b3c8684.jpg

Any how any of you guys mess with the hornet any? 

• Like 3

My favourite go-to calibre. That's some barrel on it!

The problem I found with reloading for it is with some of the loads the rounds are too long for the mag, but obviously you won't have that problem.

I've just settled on middle of the road loads with Lil'gun powder and 35gr V-max. Some people say small pistol primers are better but I've not noticed the difference. Crimping does make a difference though. 

P.S. Very disappointed with the pic. I expect every pic from the U.S to have a huge 4x4 truck with massive A/T tyres. :laugh:

9 hours ago, walshie said:

My favourite go-to calibre. That's some barrel on it!

The problem I found with reloading for it is with some of the loads the rounds are too long for the mag, but obviously you won't have that problem.

I've just settled on middle of the road loads with Lil'gun powder and 35gr V-max. Some people say small pistol primers are better but I've not noticed the difference. Crimping does make a difference though. 

P.S. Very disappointed with the pic. I expect every pic from the U.S to have a huge 4x4 truck with massive A/T tyres. :laugh:

Yes I love the heavy contour!  Wish it was a but longer but for what I paid I can't complain too much lol. And I just got off the phone with the company I order my reloading supplies from and had them add a can of lil gun to my order . Now I just need to stalk some forums to get some brass and dies lol. 

And yes yes I know but my truck front main seal is going out, the A/C dosent work that well and my car gets 48mi to the gallon so can you blame me? ??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

In the past yes. Very efficient round.

Love those sturdy single shots ?

They are nice!  Wish I like them as much as I did when I was younger and they where plentiful.  A few years ago you could walk into almost any half decent pawn shop and was out with one and two extra barrels for $500 ! Now your paying that for just the barrels 

• Like 1