Lightwieght smock/jacket

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With outdoor clothing money isn't really a factor for me. But then I'm not doing 100 quid a week on beer and fags or got 500 a month finance on a flash car or whatever like a lot of lads do. I've been

Literally the best jacket I've ever owned is a now discontinued Harkila and I know two professional terriermen who swear by the prohunter bottoms. Until recently they routinely used legit Gore-Tex in

Posted Images

Yeah i know what ya saying hence me wanting one lightwieght as id wear fleece underneath and helly hansen baselayer fleece can allways come off and go in front pocket then. I got some good coats but alot get bit heavy or bit long i just want sommat comes the waist keeps ya dry and plenty of room for catty shots dog leads ect

• Like 1

I’ve a ridgeline smock, not sure which one it is, could be the Pintail. It’s the newer version. A lot better than the previous one, breathability is better, stands some rain and is pretty good against wind. I’ll be throwing it on today and doing a fair bit of walking in it. Ideal as a throw on and to stuff in a rucksack ??

B03F272C-D22C-4179-96C7-561DCB52C09A.jpeg

I've always found these ideal in green, lightweight, waterproof, if it gets too warm throw it in a day pack, only downfall is ripping them when in thick cover... I've got 2 they abit worn now but still do the job, good spray of nikawax twice a season ?

Shop around I've never payed no more than £80/100 for them, lots of the buffelo ex army ones on ebay... Same sort of thing. Screenshot_20201007-184813.png.f72b3b23998ce61ae632360620b39b78.png

I’ve got one of those Montane extreme smocks that unzip at the sides but man they are hot I climbed Pen y Fan in mine half way up it was off I was sweating me nads off in a -5 wind, great for laying in a ditch but for moving about in too bloody hot. 

52 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Giving the Swazi a spin this season. No comments yet other than I wish the sleeves were an inch longer.

02B8100F-E5A8-4FF6-92EB-C20690C3FF62.jpeg

You just need shorter arms mate will save you a fortune in the pub as well lol, sounds like one of those top tips you get on Viz ?

No seriously it will be good to hear how it is I just bought the hunting trousers and the matching jacket from Decathlon you can’t beat them on price, the  jackets even got a game pocket in the back of it if I get a couple of seasons out of them I will be pleased I got fed up with looking like I’d just fallen out of an Army surplus store camo seems to attract attention rather than keep you hidden.  

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

You just need shorter arms mate will save you a fortune in the pub as well lol, sounds like one of those top tips you get on Viz ?

No seriously it will be good to hear how it is I just bought the hunting trousers and the matching jacket from Decathlon you can’t beat them on price, the  jackets even got a game pocket in the back of it if I get a couple of seasons out of them I will be pleased I got fed up with looking like I’d just fallen out of an Army surplus store camo seems to attract attention rather than keep you hidden.  

400 quid for a smock ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, C.green said:

400 quid for a smock ?

With outdoor clothing money isn't really a factor for me. But then I'm not doing 100 quid a week on beer and fags or got 500 a month finance on a flash car or whatever like a lot of lads do. I've been disappointed with the performance of economy priced clothing too often to worry about parting with a few hundred quid every few years tbh mate. Everyone prioritises different stuff in their lives.

• Like 5