Pensioners Outing..

7 hours ago, Ferretryan said:

It’s mad how your all writing this today. I’ve got to put my old dog down today 10 years old his mind is still strong but his body has failed him he can’t walk anymore and is now messing himself

some of my best times with this boy learnt a lot and have great memories they just don’t live long enough. Enjoy them all

7E4E0E9B-2E74-4EA6-956B-A17A44F088E6.jpeg

98A981FF-6CB1-413C-9FE5-5DC796B5640C.jpeg

times right now mate, when there legs give up  thats it pts . old bryn my 1x collie x grey  he 13 now , he got permanent limp front wrist  (arthritis ) on  pain tab in food every night, but he likes coming out with the other 2 dogs, he eats well , so who knows when his time up could go another year  or more or less, but funny thing every time i go to the kennel, Buck always come out 1st , i always  wonder if bryn might not follow , but the old bugger sill in there lol, chin up for today mate , it always hard with any dog, more so the ones you liked and respected .:yes:

• Like 7

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a wander up the fells this morning with Boots who seen his 8th birthday last week & my sidekick in life Ruby the Pomeranian who past her 14th birthday back on the 20th July earlier this year..

Good words from you guys..? I remember , back in the 1980's , writing a few words in a wee Journal, which I titled, "Lamping can be Dangerous". It had been a bad old season, and I just could

It’s mad how your all writing this today. I’ve got to put my old dog down today 10 years old his mind is still strong but his body has failed him he can’t walk anymore and is now messing himself

Posted Images

22 hours ago, FUJI said:

Had a wander up the fells this morning with Boots who seen his 8th birthday last week & my sidekick in life Ruby the Pomeranian who past her 14th birthday back on the 20th July earlier this year..it was just a walk out to reminisce of day's of yesteryear really as old Ruby now has cancer so her days of accompanying me out on the mountains unfortunately won't be for much longer,still today she went with her usual zest & one things for sure her fitness or lack of it would never be what finishes her,she's endless. Boots is nearing his retirement & for 18 months now he's joined us in the warmth of the house & away from kennel life so he's well prepared for hanging up his lead as & when that day comes..enjoy your dogs whilst you can as time passes us by so quickly especially as you get older yourself,not to long ago my kennels were full of spirited young dogs chomping at the bit for work,in the blink of an eye I have old Don dog who is 12 in a few months time,Fenn 9 within weeks,Boots now gone 8,Ruby 14 & my two young dogs Bear & Rose who were 2 last month & as Bear broke his neck last December out hunting I really only have Rose to go to war with..from having plenty now I have next to nothing so crack on and enjoy your time out in the fields because before you know it your 4 legged friend will be drawing it's pension just like my lot..anyways,hope you all have a great season,run them hard it's the only way..keep on keeping on folks.

Few pictures from our trek today.

PSX_20201005_184647.jpg

PSX_20201005_223610.jpg

Top class matey, GET ON BOOTS LAD!!

• Like 1

My place is getting like a canine nursing home with only two I can really take out now.They all have been good mates and deserve an easy life until they get too bad imo.You'd think with having quite a few dogs their passing would be easier but it's like each one is your only dog and you hold their memory forever.

• Like 5

Time flies Andy, my white dog has turned 13, my Kat pup just gone 10 and terrier coming up to 12, all still good for a shift but obviously their best days are long gone.

Got a pup coming soon hopefully, just hope I can keep up and do it justice lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, dytkos said:

Time flies Andy, my white dog has turned 13, my Kat pup just gone 10 and terrier coming up to 12, all still good for a shift but obviously their best days are long gone.

Got a pup coming soon hopefully, just hope I can keep up and do it justice lol

Cheers, D.

Jeez I can recall them all just as young dog's,best of luck with the pup when it comes along,hopefully the prospect of having a keen young jukel keeps the thoughts of bountiful hunts makes sure that your enthusiasm for the game is still as much as it ever has been ?..hope your keeping well matey ?

• Like 1
On 05/10/2020 at 23:29, FUJI said:

Nowt fancy bud,these are just off an old Canon 50d matey..it was a freebie off Darcy at least 5 years ago now,I'm surprised it still works it's took hundreds of thousands of piccies

Nice pics. What lense do you you with the 50d fuji?