Bedding and heaters

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tube heaters with thermostat from grow shop?

Probably best 2 install there own boiler the bosch Worcester is quite good 

I would even put some heating in the house  We can dream 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I’m going to put the tube heater in the she and run the ducting under the dog box floors through the side of the shed then fit the tube heater half way in the ducting.The heat will travel though the ducting like under floor heating into the dogs boxes and heating the shed at the same time.

do you really think that will work??

i bought a tube heater years ago.....and honestly took it back the next day....it was hot to touch....but yet 1 foot away you couldnt feel a thing....

Just now, TOMO said:

do you really think that will work??

i bought a tube heater years ago.....and honestly took it back the next day....it was hot to touch....but yet 1 foot away you couldnt feel a thing....

The heat should travel through the tube like a radiator pipe.ive know some of the old boys use it like that for there greenhouses or use a tiny candle and work the same way.As you know heat will travel 

1 hour ago, lurchers said:

Slide it 1/2 way in 

69C5C72A-8B01-4311-BEAB-5D605656D4D8.png

6DB03BFA-4233-431C-9FE4-BDAF1236F402.png

Thank you mate sounds like a good idea. 

Get a few pics up when you get it done, see how ye get on, goodman 

@Daniel cain

What way have you them setup to heat the beds lad, an what's the difference in heat output in the one you put up lol

4 hours ago, lurchers said:

The heat should travel through the tube like a radiator pipe.ive know some of the old boys use it like that for there greenhouses or use a tiny candle and work the same way.As you know heat will travel 

? I honestly don't think this is going to work them tube heaters give off little radiant heat to warm that pipe ,and I reckon all the pipe will do is make your kennels even colder 

7 minutes ago, Chid said:

? I honestly don't think this is going to work them tube heaters give off little radiant heat to warm that pipe ,and I reckon all the pipe will do is make your kennels even colder 

How will it make it colder when warm air is going through them.When it works in big greenhouses as I’ve been in sheds with a tube heater in and they have been quite warm.

6 minutes ago, lurchers said:

How will it make it colder when warm air is going through them.When it works in big greenhouses as I’ve been in sheds with a tube heater in and they have been quite warm.

Colder as that will draw any heat away from the kennel .. how is warm air going to pass through it ? I had 2 tube heaters in a box 4x3ft and they did sweet FA 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Chid said:

Colder as that will draw any heat away from the kennel .. how is warm air going to pass through it ? I had 2 tube heaters in a box 4x3ft and they did sweet FA 

I’m putting them under the dog boxes which will be sealed into there which will be warm,When I build the new shed/kennel it will be 20ft long 10ft wide with a partition so they will be 10x10 each with french doors on the kennels and a double glazed door and window on the shed side.If it doesn’t work I will just put a radiator type thing in the kennel side.But it will be all insulated either way 

Edited by lurchers

Think I’m going to stick with the heat lamps. My dogs bed boxes are quite large and I know that one lamp in there keeps them heated well but I’ll try the ceramic bulbs as it was the more expensive lamps I brought so must be the bulbs. Think I payed 30-40 for lamps and the was from some sort of farm shop aswel. Cheers lads ?

My kennel is insulated with 25mm kingspan on foil bubble wrap insulation, kennel is heated with 2 electric heaters same as you find in building site canteens etc, dogs are bedded down on shredded nappy paper or waxed paper, never had any issue with dogs and the cold

• Like 3
3 hours ago, white van man said:

I’m thinking of going with the wax paper bedding. Never used a heat lamp/tube. The kennel is insulated and ply lined. Even if it’s freezing outside the kennel is nice and warm when I pop my head in. 

I rate the wax paper lasts a good month or so if you put lots in ,my boxes have a foot lip on them so I just fill um to that when its warm they sleep on it when its cold they go under it 

• Like 3

My kennels are block work sleeping compartment, plywood floor on top of a course of blocks ,to lift them up above ground level. I use a bale of shredded paper ( it's like sanitary towel paper) approx 18" deep, so they can bed down into it, and a red bulb in a pig lamp , about 4ft above the bed. If they have had a nights lamping I leave in kennel with the lamp on, stops them stiffening up , there right as rain the next morning. 

• Like 2