Bedding and heaters

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tube heaters with thermostat from grow shop?

Probably best 2 install there own boiler the bosch Worcester is quite good 

I would even put some heating in the house  We can dream 

Posted Images

I use heat lamps mate but only when temps drop to about 6/7 degrees outside and just night time unless minus and below outside I’ll put it on a timer to come on for an hour here and there. Never really had one that lasts though to be honest. A lot of the bulbs seem to blow in them then you can’t unscrew bulb. Probably there way of getting you to buy new one but. If anyone knows of ones from a certain place don’t do this. Let me know as need to buy two myself as last two done same. Wasn’t cheap ones eithier I’m sure I pay about 40 quid each and think I went through three last season.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Tube heaters with thermostat from grow shop?

When I build my new one in a couple of weeks I’m going for that type but put half of it in one of them silver tubes that you put up the chimney,so it will be under the kennels so it will heat the shed up and the kennels.Ive hears it works a treat.

I have a lined box , I put bedding in and the dog pulls it out , I've tried alsorts , he's 14 now and prefers sleeping on the hard wood floor or if I nail stuff down he sleeps out on the concrete floor .. hard work he is 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Igz said:

I use heat lamps mate but only when temps drop to about 6/7 degrees outside and just night time unless minus and below outside I’ll put it on a timer to come on for an hour here and there. Never really had one that lasts though to be honest. A lot of the bulbs seem to blow in them then you can’t unscrew bulb. Probably there way of getting you to buy new one but. If anyone knows of ones from a certain place don’t do this. Let me know as need to buy two myself as last two done same. Wasn’t cheap ones eithier I’m sure I pay about 40 quid each and think I went through three last season.

yeh them cheap red bulbs are a c**t for blowing and as you say cant unscrew the bloody things..

go for the more expensive ...professional use lamp....and get a ceramic bulb...they only give of heat no light..

• Like 2
13 hours ago, lurchers said:

When I build my new one in a couple of weeks I’m going for that type but put half of it in one of them silver tubes that you put up the chimney,so it will be under the kennels so it will heat the shed up and the kennels.Ive hears it works a treat.

I was just thinking about this, could you explain more of the idea @lurchers

@Daniel cain were have you the bulbs placed? 

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

yeh them cheap red bulbs are a c**t for blowing and as you say cant unscrew the bloody things..

go for the more expensive ...professional use lamp....and get a ceramic bulb...they only give of heat no light..

Any links of the best ones

2 hours ago, Francie said:

I was just thinking about this, could you explain more of the idea @lurchers

@Daniel cain were have you the bulbs placed? 

I’m going to put the tube heater in the she and run the ducting under the dog box floors through the side of the shed then fit the tube heater half way in the ducting.The heat will travel though the ducting like under floor heating into the dogs boxes and heating the shed at the same time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Igz said:

Any links of the best ones

i got mine from one of them places that sell stuff for chickens....they normally have the cheap lights at around the £20 mark...which i have had many times but they f**k up....

spend more...get the larger professional ones between £30..40 ....then a ceramic bulb..

in fact this last one i bought....which is 5 plus years ago at least...is still going strong with the same bulb......the other cheap ones i was getting through 2 every winter

• Like 2