Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

Oh My Fukking God Almighty!!!!! ?

Well, lads; Tonight, I polished off the Third serving of that Madras. Fukk My Boots!!!

Dunno. First one, straight from the pot? Disappointing to the point of a bit of a fukking disaster! Way too thick (The Iron!) and rich. Onion bhajis were a little too cooked, for me. Very hard and spikey on my toothless pallet. Chipattis were, of course, fukking gorgeous!

Next one, having sat in the fridge, was Much better! Gravy had broken down and thinned. Can't honestly even remember if I defrosted any bhajis for that one? Either way, it was Heaven! Microwaved.

Think last night must have been " Red Pig "? Tonight, it was the last of the curry. I made a new batch of chapattis ~ managed to bag and freeze two lots of three. Scoffed two, just standing there in the kitchen! ? Saved two for tonight. Defrosted three smaller bhaji's.

Now, just look up to the start of this thread! Who needs accompanied sex, when ye can eat grub like this?! ?

Next up? Bag of chunks in the freezer. It's a learning curve, and I'm wondering ..... But, Rogan Josh sounds a little bit 'One above a Korma'? I'm not a Vindaloo sort of guy.

But; Jalfrezi? Checked that out. Sounds pretty damn worth a go, actually! I'm only concerned that I Think I remember that takes green finger chillies? Those are catch as catch can, for me.

Now, I wonder if I can grab as many as I might ever again see, and vacuum freeze them? I think the same about bell peppers.

Maybe grab a half decent bottle of Shiraz too, next time I'm in town ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

Madras is my bitch! ?

Realised, tonight, I basically had nothing else to eat. Make curry or starve. Stepped boldly into the kitchen. Had at it.

Bit less Base Gravy? 1/2 a cup of water, to prevent burning. (Seems 1/4 cup would do as well?) About twenty minutes in the EPC.

Defrosted a few chapatis and a couple of onion bhaji's ..... Oh, Fukk Yeah!!!?

People have asked me, when I mention I make madras; " How hot? " And I'm like; " Naah. I've never been a vindaloo, sweating bullets as I swear I love it, kind of guy. "

Tonight though, I realised This is what I used to get from Madras Paste. It's just as hot as anything I've ever enjoyed eating. It's just not stupid. So, I figure it's about as it should be?

Next time in town, I could Really use some green peppers! Gotta make a fresh load of base gravy. Some more onion bhajis. And I've Really got my eye on trying out a Jalfrezi!

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Madras is my bitch! ?

Realised, tonight, I basically had nothing else to eat. Make curry or starve. Stepped boldly into the kitchen. Had at it.

Bit less Base Gravy? 1/2 a cup of water, to prevent burning. (Seems 1/4 cup would do as well?) About twenty minutes in the EPC.

Defrosted a few chapatis and a couple of onion bhaji's ..... Oh, Fukk Yeah!!!?

People have asked me, when I mention I make madras; " How hot? " And I'm like; " Naah. I've never been a vindaloo, sweating bullets as I swear I love it, kind of guy. "

Tonight though, I realised This is what I used to get from Madras Paste. It's just as hot as anything I've ever enjoyed eating. It's just not stupid. So, I figure it's about as it should be?

Next time in town, I could Really use some green peppers! Gotta make a fresh load of base gravy. Some more onion bhajis. And I've Really got my eye on trying out a Jalfrezi!

Well done mate, you've done it. 

• Thanks 1

Another day spent slaving over a hot stock pot! :D Had to make a new supply of Base Gravy. Relatively Fukking Easy!!! ?

I'm So much calmer now. I have my little lists written out, on scraps of paper. I know I have all the ingredients to hand. Even the simple things, like how to break up, skin and prepare raw garlic is second nature now :)

Remember; I had to Learn all that shit. I'd never physically Touched actual garlic, or ginger, till I started this thread.

Oh, and my list of equipment keeps growing! My rubber rolling mat gives me an instant surface to roll out my chipatis on. I've also realised that making onion bhajis in a Plastic bowl practically writes off that fukking bowl! ? Practically need Chemicals to rid the smell!

Sent for my ceramic mixing bowl, yesterday. Good old Derbyshire firm. Fukkers that made that one your mum and grandma had. White on the inside. Biscuit on the outside. Remember them? ;)

Only, I pushed the boat out. Got myself one of their fancier designs. " Fireman " will like it! ?

Also sent for a lovely little Salt Pig! British made! ?? Grabbed a bag of el cheapo, bog standard salt, to get on with. Sits sweating in its nasty, plastic bag :(

My Piglet gets here? I'll buy some of the proper stuff, recommended earlier in this thread. Put it in the pig and take proper care of it.

Ooh! Tonight, I send for a 250g bag of chopped, dried green chillies! My man hasn't had any for some time. Now, he's told me he likely won't be again. Don't sell!

Fukk me! I'd have bought him out! Now I see we can Freeze them! Never mind. I feel these dried ones will be as good. Al' does like his green finger chillies in his recipes!

Finally? I have an off cut of six inch plank left. Cut it, today, to perfectly fit the fire breast in my kitchen. Got a couple of brackets. Five and half foot of shelf storage, right there! :D Fukk knows I could do with it!

Then, I guess, I'll just have to start checking out some more storage jars! ? Can't honestly remember the last time Anything enthused me as much as this shit is!

• Like 1

She's not a bad girl, Greb. But, I've seen enough of those type films that I don't need to spend fourteen minutes watching the same theme again.

Would just say though; I've now gone from eating watery " curries ", piled onto bland rice and shovelled down mechanically. I remember how I'd almost have to spiritually detach, as my mechanics took care of ingesting that sameness.

Now?! Fukk Me!!! 'Thicker', 'creamier' curries. Fukking Exploding with flavours! The taste of chipati on my tongue, cleansing and readying for the next explosion. A sly bite of a bhaji ..... ?

O M F G!!! I used to eat to live. Now? I live to Eat my next fukking curry! Any meal in between is just marking fukking time! ?

Oh, and yeah; In reference to your girl there? I now find the additions of a few chipatis and a couple of bhajis can Double the 'servings' of a meal!

Fukk me! Thinking about it? If I had Any rice with these feeds? I'd have to simply make Less fukking curry at a time: I wouldn't be able to eat that much in four days!

Yeah. Doubt I could put away what she does, in under fourteen minutes, in Four fukking Days! :icon_eek:

Sorry! :D Had To show you this!

And to think, not so long ago, we were all bickering about whether plastic bags, plastic boxes, what ever, to put my bulk makings of Base Gravy in!

Fukking nailed that one! Put it in a plastic box. Freeze it solid. Pop it out and Vacuum Seal it, cleanly, in a plastic bag. Back in the freezer, along with the next box full!

P3200493.JPG.2212a2d2d19c253bd21d0067460bf31e.JPG

Actively hunting a non chink ladle, as we speak ;)

15 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Made in England no less.......??

Abso Fukking Lutely, my mate! Three quid, off Amazon? Weird smell of fried rice about them!

I go to Any lengths - and expenses! - to source good, old fashioned, Non Chink shit.

I'm (Completely justifiably!) fukking Proud of my kitchen! English? American? Italian? Indian? I've got the fukking lot out there!

Just Look at the lengths I go to too! Here's an email I got, only today, in response to asking where some " German " ladle was made! (Redacted, to save then suing me, obviously!)

" thanks for your inquiry. Our products are developed and designed by experienced employees at *our place*, Germany. During the development, all items are extensively tested to ensure that the products are perfect in function and handling. The required quality standards are set by our quality teams and throughout the process Lifetime of the product monitored. Our articles are manufactured both in Germany and worldwide. Since we monitor the high series quality very closely by our teams, we can ensure that our products meet the *Brand Name* quality standard. This applies to production in Germany as well as to productions abroad. The information about our exact locations is internal information. We are not authorized to pass this on to the outside world, but we can inform you that we are represented everywhere from Asia to the USA. We ask for your understanding.

In conclusion, we hope you enjoy our products. "

FFS!!! Just admit it! Fukking China!!! " Internal information "?! Was I dealing with Germany, or North fukking Korea?!

And, no! I wouldn't touch your chink made shit if you sent me a free container full!!!

Fukking People!

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Abso Fukking Lutely, my mate! Three quid, off Amazon? Weird smell of fried rice about them!

I go to Any lengths - and expenses! - to source good, old fashioned, Non Chink shit.

I'm (Completely justifiably!) fukking Proud of my kitchen! English? American? Italian? Indian? I've got the fukking lot out there!

Just Look at the lengths I go to too! Here's an email I got, only today, in response to asking where some " German " ladle was made! (Redacted, to save then suing me, obviously!)

" thanks for your inquiry. Our products are developed and designed by experienced employees at *our place*, Germany. During the development, all items are extensively tested to ensure that the products are perfect in function and handling. The required quality standards are set by our quality teams and throughout the process Lifetime of the product monitored. Our articles are manufactured both in Germany and worldwide. Since we monitor the high series quality very closely by our teams, we can ensure that our products meet the *Brand Name* quality standard. This applies to production in Germany as well as to productions abroad. The information about our exact locations is internal information. We are not authorized to pass this on to the outside world, but we can inform you that we are represented everywhere from Asia to the USA. We ask for your understanding.

In conclusion, we hope you enjoy our products. "

FFS!!! Just admit it! Fukking China!!! " Internal information "?! Was I dealing with Germany, or North fukking Korea?!

And, no! I wouldn't touch your chink made shit if you sent me a free container full!!!

Fukking People!

It's shite that Chinese stuff aint it looks the part but when it comes to using it just falls apart, kitchen utensils,kids toys, electronics, martial arts.....all shite? 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

It's shite that Chinese stuff aint it looks the part but when it comes to using it just falls apart, kitchen utensils,kids toys, electronics, martial arts.....all shite? 

Yerr, the only thing I’ll be ordering from their menu is my favourite. No69, set meal for two..... ?

On 02/10/2020 at 20:09, Ken's Deputy said:

My curry consists of spud, chopped into bite sized bits. Chopped onion. A grated carrot. Cubed beef. Curry powder. I do it ~ as I am as I type this ~ in my Electric Pressure Cooker.

Wow! And That was only five months ago?! Fukk me! ?

I'm actually back here, ironically enough, because I came seeking inspiration and knowledgable input once again.

Just took my Red Pig out of the freezer, for tonight. Sunday, it's beef steak with chick peas and gravy. I have enough single meal makers to get me within a day of shopping. Then, I have a bag of Chunks. The diced beef I use in my curries.

Trouble is if I use all that beef and make a curry? Eaten with my chapatis? It'll last me a good week alone! I only need one more nights feed. Then I can buy in the bits of meat to go with chips, or what ever.

I think my question is two pronged:

1. What about a simple, single, 'Chick Pea Curry'. No meat. I have no meat. I Do have onions. Not sure about the state of the spuds out there.

Got most of the usual powders, of course. Got some sesame seeds too. Bit random. But, I like them anyway.

What was that tv show where a random member of the audience handed a top chef a bag of disconnected stuff, and chef had to rustle up a meal from it? Bit like that. With a curry theme. And chick peas. So Many Chick Peas!

So, yeah. There's that. Then:

2. Can I take meat, out of my freezer. Make a curry with it. Then freeze the curry? (In portions, of course) To defrost and micro? Would that be alright?

You wouldn't Believe how much of my time is now wrapped up in 'thinking about' curries! 

A Serious portion of my time is now spent, sweating over who makes the best version of the next bit of gear I've found out about.

Crawling over You Tube, Amazon, and up sellers arses, wheedling out of them exactly where their shit's actually Made!

5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Wow! And That was only five months ago?! Fukk me! ?

I'm actually back here, ironically enough, because I came seeking inspiration and knowledgable input once again.

Just took my Red Pig out of the freezer, for tonight. Sunday, it's beef steak with chick peas and gravy. I have enough single meal makers to get me within a day of shopping. Then, I have a bag of Chunks. The diced beef I use in my curries.

Trouble is if I use all that beef and make a curry? Eaten with my chapatis? It'll last me a good week alone! I only need one more nights feed. Then I can buy in the bits of meat to go with chips, or what ever.

I think my question is two pronged:

1. What about a simple, single, 'Chick Pea Curry'. No meat. I have no meat. I Do have onions. Not sure about the state of the spuds out there.

Got most of the usual powders, of course. Got some sesame seeds too. Bit random. But, I like them anyway.

What was that tv show where a random member of the audience handed a top chef a bag of disconnected stuff, and chef had to rustle up a meal from it? Bit like that. With a curry theme. And chick peas. So Many Chick Peas!

So, yeah. There's that. Then:

2. Can I take meat, out of my freezer. Make a curry with it. Then freeze the curry? (In portions, of course) To defrost and micro? Would that be alright?

You wouldn't Believe how much of my time is now wrapped up in 'thinking about' curries! 

A Serious portion of my time is now spent, sweating over who makes the best version of the next bit of gear I've found out about.

Crawling over You Tube, Amazon, and up sellers arses, wheedling out of them exactly where their shit's actually Made!

no problem with thawing out frozen meat, cooking it, then re-freezing it, problems start with leaving it stand,  if your going to freeze stuff the trick is to cool it down as quick as you can then bang it in the freezer

• Thanks 1