Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

Ok for my 2 penny's worth , your putting a lot of effort into this ken so you need to do all that effort justice 

Your first taste is always with your eyes  ,presentation presentation presentation! it really does make a difference to the whole experience.

Even a simple thing like a plate and a sprinkle of fresh coriander goes a long way to making it a better experience lol

• Like 3

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, socks said:

Get on YouTube and type in Al’s kitchen. He shows you how to make the base gravy the spice mix and every type of curry to restaurant standard. 

Socks; I wouldn't expect Anyone to find this thread and read it through from the beginning. But, believe me, if you did? You'd see how much I now agree with that advice.

Only, the same gem was passed to me by a Master a while ago :D

On 08/10/2020 at 20:35, OldPhil said:

Try this my old friend,....I eat a lot of Curries....?

Following Phil's advice, I've since become a devoted disciple of Al'. The story of my journey, thus far, is recorded above. It truly is one of struggle. Devotion. Sacrifice.

But, fukk me! Those onion bhaji's I made! :icon_eek: And as for my first ever beef madras al'a Al'?!

Shit just takes me a hellish time, see? Cos things. But, I'm a determined little fukka. I'm keeping on keeping on. And I record it here :)

Hence the photo of a rolling pin, today. I mused about popadoms. Neil pointed out that chapati's was the way to go. That was probably weeks ago. They need a rolling pin. Now I have one.

In fact, I now have the makings of the chapatis, the next load of bhajis, and a fukk off big madras!

And typing that makes me think: Hang on ... Two to three day curry? Fine. But, throw in onion bhaji's, pilau rice and chipatis? How much can I eat?!

With That lot, a three meal curry could become an easily Five day one. And even I wouldn't want to eat the same, special, meal for five days. See? Now I realise my next stage of development is to sort out Storage containers for all this gorgeous fukking grub!

I bought another freezer, Socks. So I could store the foxes food in one, leaving room for my own grub. But, I still need Containers to freeze my own stuff in ?

Have to work that out, now. Then ferret through Amazon for the shit. See? Another fukking week or two before I can actually Use all this new shit I've sourced! ? Fukk Me!!!

No matter. Anyone who was in at the start, and has stuck with this lunacy, would better understand. There's a rhythm to it ;)

Most of all? It's given me a whole new facet of life. And I have some cookware to die for! :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kanny said:

Your first taste is always with your eyes, presentation presentation presentation!

Even a simple thing like a plate and a sprinkle of fresh coriander .....

Kanny; I'm a weird fish. Until all this, I've quite normally gone, literally Months on end eating the same meal. Day in. Day out.

And yet, I'd be known as a 'fussy eater'. Probably because I wouldn't eat just what ever was thrown in front of me.

One of the best ways to put me off eating something? Garnish it! Al's a Fukker for his twist of lemming. Flourish of fresh coriander. Sprinkling of chopped fukking pepper.

I'd rather go without than bother to sit there, picking all that 'shit' out of my meal ?

Dunno. Just the way I am. I like my plain looking grub, served in my blackened old frying pan. Just me.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Socks; I wouldn't expect Anyone to find this thread and read it through from the beginning. But, believe me, if you did? You'd see how much I now agree with that advice.

Following Phil's advice, I've since become a devoted disciple of Al'. The story of my journey, thus far, is recorded above. It truly is one of struggle. Devotion. Sacrifice.

But, fukk me! Those onion bhaji's I made! :icon_eek: And as for my first ever beef madras al'a Al'?!

Shit just takes me a hellish time, see? Cos things. But, I'm a determined little fukka. I'm keeping on keeping on. And I record it here :)

Hence the photo of a rolling pin, today. I mused about popadoms. Neil pointed out that chapati's was the way to go. That was probably weeks ago. They need a rolling pin. Now I have one.

In fact, I now have the makings of the chapatis, the next load of bhajis, and a fukk off big madras!

And typing that makes me think: Hang on ... Two to three day curry? Fine. But, throw in onion bhaji's, pilau rice and chipatis? How much can I eat?!

With That lot, a three meal curry could become an easily Five day one. And even I wouldn't want to eat the same, special, meal for five days. See? Now I realise my next stage of development is to sort out Storage containers for all this gorgeous fukking grub!

I bought another freezer, Socks. So I could store the foxes food in one, leaving room for my own grub. But, I still need Containers to freeze my own stuff in ?

Have to work that out, now. Then ferret through Amazon for the shit. See? Another fukking week or two before I can actually Use all this new shit I've sourced! ? Fukk Me!!!

No matter. Anyone who was in at the start, and has stuck with this lunacy, would better understand. There's a rhythm to it ;)

Most of all? It's given me a whole new facet of life. And I have some cookware to die for! :D

sod containers, take up too much room, get yourself a bag sealer,  the type that will also vacuum pack and seal, you can then freeze a meal in the shape of a jiffy bag, just make sure you A, buy the proper rolls of plastic, my last lot came from lidl, and B, write down the type and date made on everything

• Like 1
On 12/02/2021 at 00:19, kanny said:

Ok for my 2 penny's worth , your putting a lot of effort into this ken so you need to do all that effort justice 

Your first taste is always with your eyes  ,presentation presentation presentation! it really does make a difference to the whole experience.

Even a simple thing like a plate and a sprinkle of fresh coriander goes a long way to making it a better experience lol

Ya right mate fish meat or veg needs a sparkle as a plain ol curry looks like a plain ol curry lol a few I jazzed up Sri Lankan types but fresh chillie and herbs are key ?

423CBF59-E1B7-4288-AA3E-A959819F19B7.jpeg

DD30FE8D-E7A3-4F47-AF5E-63220785BE51.jpeg

24D5F5D5-FCF4-4833-9586-580E06873676.jpeg

7C8CAE8F-833B-47F3-87AB-46AC28473A4D.jpeg

F3E47286-C3BC-4920-815F-29E97EB7BDDF.jpeg

44E04BE5-6377-45E6-B070-23AEA21891DE.jpeg

F6BBE86C-0E18-44A3-A125-21640D725138.jpeg

F7EBCC57-75A3-4AFE-93B1-EB268CB4E28D.jpeg

5DB66637-455E-4C71-9A95-CC401D1E4BBE.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
On 02/10/2020 at 20:09, Ken's Deputy said:

My curry consists of spud, chopped into bite sized bits. Chopped onion. A grated carrot. Cubed beef. Curry powder. 

?

On 12/02/2021 at 01:39, Ken's Deputy said:

I wouldn't expect Anyone to find this thread and read it through from the beginning. But, believe me, if you did? You'd see how much I now agree with that advice.

You've come a long way mate ? ? ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Ya right mate fish meat or veg needs a sparkle as a plain ol curry looks like a plain ol curry lol a few I jazzed up Sri Lankan types but fresh chillie and herbs are key ?

423CBF59-E1B7-4288-AA3E-A959819F19B7.jpeg

DD30FE8D-E7A3-4F47-AF5E-63220785BE51.jpeg

24D5F5D5-FCF4-4833-9586-580E06873676.jpeg

7C8CAE8F-833B-47F3-87AB-46AC28473A4D.jpeg

F3E47286-C3BC-4920-815F-29E97EB7BDDF.jpeg

44E04BE5-6377-45E6-B070-23AEA21891DE.jpeg

F6BBE86C-0E18-44A3-A125-21640D725138.jpeg

F7EBCC57-75A3-4AFE-93B1-EB268CB4E28D.jpeg

5DB66637-455E-4C71-9A95-CC401D1E4BBE.jpeg

Your the jazz up master! 

Im hungry now lol

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Shaaark; This bad boy came today! :D I have the flours in now to make chapati's. I just wanted to be able to make them and store them in the freezer. Onion bhajis too.

Get my desk clear and I'll be running some experiments with this new toy :)

Lol ?

On 12/02/2021 at 01:39, Ken's Deputy said:

I still dream of this scran... I guess I always will..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Thanks 1

For Fukks Fukking Sake!!!!! ?

I've Literally just come away from watching a video (for the umpteenth time)  about how to make chapati's. I have the flours. I have the rolling pin. Granted, I was eyeballing the wooden spoon and figuring I could compromise, somehow.

Then, I just missed what she said about what to do with the thin rolled dough. I could see it goes in a pan. But ..... what?

Don't fukking believe it! " Chuck this shit in a Non Stick ..." I'm f***ing heart broken! I was all pumped up too. 'Today, fukk it, I'm gonna actually go out there. Make a ton of chapati's. Bag them up with my new bag sealer. Chuck those bad boys in the freezer, for when I do my next curry.

No! I'm gonna fukk off to Amazon and try to find a Non Stick fukking pan!!!

Please don't speak to me. That's My day fukking ruined!

16 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

For Fukks Fukking Sake!!!!! ?

I've Literally just come away from watching a video (for the umpteenth time)  about how to make chapati's. I have the flours. I have the rolling pin. Granted, I was eyeballing the wooden spoon and figuring I could compromise, somehow.

Then, I just missed what she said about what to do with the thin rolled dough. I could see it goes in a pan. But ..... what?

Don't fukking believe it! " Chuck this shit in a Non Stick ..." I'm f***ing heart broken! I was all pumped up too. 'Today, fukk it, I'm gonna actually go out there. Make a ton of chapati's. Bag them up with my new bag sealer. Chuck those bad boys in the freezer, for when I do my next curry.

No! I'm gonna fukk off to Amazon and try to find a Non Stick fukking pan!!!

Please don't speak to me. That's My day fukking ruined!

isnt you big pan from india non stick?