Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

Fair point. Nothing wrong with a spot of curry and chips. I've probably done that with the carp I used to knock up.

This Base Gravy alone would probably turn a dish of bog standard, cheap, frozen chips into a late night snack fit for a ravenous king, to be honest!

As it is? With all the effort that goes into me trying to replicate Any form of 'proper' curry? I can't help thinking that chucking it on a bed of chips would just be a bit too much like drinking 18 year old single from a rusty bean tin ?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

On 27/01/2021 at 21:55, mushroom said:

My plate was more unbalanced in favour of curry lol and I went back for another helping.

Beef was beautifully cooked and gravy perfectly balanced, spice wise. I would prefer more chillies but the Mrs isn't in favour of arse magma in the morning ?

I always prefer more curry, can mop more of it up with a bhaji and naan or two. ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

2020884167_Screenshot_2021-01-29OrderDetails.png.e473ec5185eddc1180322232e75d382c.png

8)

f**k me, I thought I was bad buying basmati rice in 10kg bags, thats about  10 years worth for me and my mrs loves the bloody things in every meal possible, you do know that they treble in size when they rehydrate and thats before cooking them (do NOT put them in any sort of slow cook recipe unless you boil them first) your not going vegan on the sly are you??????

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

2020884167_Screenshot_2021-01-29OrderDetails.png.e473ec5185eddc1180322232e75d382c.png

8)

Hilarious 

chick peas are all grown here in Saskatchewan 

red lentils also.

guess who buys them all??

oh the Indians do and then sell em to you.

India doesn’t grow either pulse.

I used to clean and sort thousands upon thousands tons of chick peas, lentils, green and yellow peas. 

? Neil; If there's been one constant throughout my life, mate? It's been my seeming utter fukking 'Sameness'!

I just seem to have this 'weird' ability to decide something's nice to eat. Then eat That for months, even years. I just don't get bored of shit.

That's, probably, why this whole 'exotic' curry thing's so taken me. I'm completely breaking the mould of a life time. So much as Thinking about eating stuff for the ..... what ever.

I've really only eaten to keep body and soul together. If I found something I enjoyed? Brucey Bonus. I'd probably eat That for six months or more, till it became seasonably unavailable.

Anyway, I have good storage facilities. I can keep this sort of dried shit so they'll find it here, after I'm gone. And, meanwhile? I Love chick peas! Nom! :)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

? Neil; If there's been one constant throughout my life, mate? It's been my seeming utter fukking 'Sameness'!

I just seem to have this 'weird' ability to decide something's nice to eat. Then eat That for months, even years. I just don't get bored of shit.

That's, probably, why this whole 'exotic' curry thing's so taken me. I'm completely breaking the mould of a life time. So much as Thinking about eating stuff for the ..... what ever.

I've really only eaten to keep body and soul together. If I found something I enjoyed? Brucey Bonus. I'd probably eat That for six months or more, till it became seasonably unavailable.

Anyway, I have good storage facilities. I can keep this sort of dried shit so they'll find it here, after I'm gone. And, meanwhile? I Love chick peas! Nom! :)

Don’t matter how much weed I smoke 

I still can’t figure out what the fck you are going on about

brucey Bonus made me chuckle 

• Haha 1
On 29/01/2021 at 22:36, Ken's Deputy said:

8)

That's a good price for 20kg of dried chickpeas... it's a fuucking lot mind ???

Get a kilo of them soaked, until rehydrated. Then batch make a load of Falafel and stick them in the freezer. Dead easy to make and really nice in a curry sauce ;)

• Thanks 1

Confession Time!

Anyone who's actually Followed this thread - as in taking in what I've been saying (Nothing wrong if you've just scanned it. Or jumped in with a comment! But) You would have picked up how I'm OCD about following Al's Kitchen like a lost lamb?

I do that, because I want what it says on the can. Quite simple.

Well, tonight I took a right angle turn from the straight and narrow. Al' tends to show us how to make 'A' curry. One portion. I need to make at least two, preferably three at a time.

First one I attempted? I admit, I threw His ingredients into my Instapot. It was still fukking Magnificent!

Tonight? I did that again. Only, I slung in four, diced spuds. To make more of it? Ton of base gravy too.

It Was Fukking DISGUSTING!!! ? Tasted burned. Meat was like fukking boot leather! (Unheard of in Anything else I've ever cooked in there before!) God! I'm actually tossing up on whether I should eat the rest of that shit, tomorrow? Or just cut my losses and sling it!

I shall now crawl off to flagellate myself with stinging nettles, while prostrated naked before an image of Al' ? I've let the fukking side down. I've paid the price. Let this be a warning!

Plan B then is to make my curry, Exactly as Al' says, again. Only, I'll supplement if with Al's (Proven!) Onion Bhaji's and some chapati's ?

• Like 1