Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

On 16/04/2021 at 20:04, Ken's Deputy said:

Fukk My Old Boots! YES!!! :D

This one's a little tribute to " Al's Kitchen "

As Al' might say; " Ann Marie!!! "

2088545418_P4160495(2).JPG.ad2a030dddbe4d45eca3eb7047358619.JPG

That muvva fukka made my nose run! :toast:

That looks really good mate,

Are you using ghee as your fat? I see the oil on top (love that, how it should be imo)...and ghee is the best for it in any curry...

• Like 1

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I use Rapeseed oil ~ as was suggested, on this thread when I asked about oils :good: You? Neil? Mush'? Someone pointed me to it.

I also now have Atlantic Sea Salt. Threw the economy, no brand shit away. Is it me? Or can I taste a difference?!

Looks good mate...

Rice tip (my Mrs is good at it)...keep the water topped up all the time, keep it boiling hard, drain it when it still has some bite, put the collander over the saucepan with tinfoil and a tea towel over the top, leave it to steam like this for at least 10mins and it will be fluffy and sticky....better taking off the boil earlier than later...

Another to try, lamb shank, cheaper than most lamb cuts and amazing in curry....try it mate...

• Thanks 1

Have you got a blender? If you have try this method;

Put the onions, garlic, red pepper and any chilli peppers in the blender along with a heaped tea spoon of thick tomato puree and your spices. Add a glug of oil then whizz it all through. If it doesn't roll into the blender and sticks to the sides add a drop more oil a bit at a time until you blend a smooth paste.

Then chop another onion and some red pepper and put that to one side.

Put a couple of table spoons of oil in a frying pan and heat it on full whack for at least 30 seconds. Then scrape the paste in and cook on full heat whilst stirring  for at least two minutes, possibly more until you see the paste start to darken. You can freeze this to use later if you want to. Once defrosted heat up to frying temperature, stirring all the time.

Add your meat and stir it into the paste, turning it until all sides are browned. Then add the other onion and pepper and stir through. Gradually add coconut milk a bit at a time until you have the right consistency then stick in some washed lentils, chick peas, chopped potatoes or whatever you want. Stir them all in. Take that off the heat and scrape it into a slow cooker. Cook on low heat for two to three hours.

Naan breads; 150g plain flour, one teaspoon of baking powder, 2 teaspoons of curry powder, one teaspoon of cumin seeds, one teaspoon of salt and 150g of Greek or plain yoghurt. Mix it in a bread maker on dough setting or in a conventional mixer for at least five minutes. Then dust the work top with flour and roll into a sausage. Divide into four, dust with flour  and roll each one out using a rolling pin. Paint the tops of them with melted butter and stick under a hot grill until the just start turning colour then turn them over, paint that side with melted butter and grill that side. Once cool you can freeze them for later consumption. To re-heat them wrap them in foil and put them under a low heat in the oven for ten minutes. 

• Thanks 1

Worth a look mate....it is the traditional fat for a curry.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghee&ved=2ahUKEwjD8P-XzpfwAhW-RBUIHfiXDzkQFjAwegQIVhAC&usg=AOvVaw2a7_T2kgzD7aFff_4YJaG_

Don't want to screw your mind, but while your at it you should keep trying new things imo

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Have you got a blender? If you have try this method;

low heat in the oven for ten minutes. 

No, mate. No blender, or oven. Oh. No Bread Maker either.

But, I appreciate the input. E.g. I make chipatis / rotis rather than nam bread. (Thoughts of Nam just trigger me ?) But, that inclusion of cumin seeds? I have them to hand. But, I also have sesame seeds!

Now, when I make chipatis? It's as much as I can do to keep them out of my fukking face, in honesty! :D

I'm now wondering how they might be, with a dash of sesame, as 'treats'?

Sprinkle some cumin seeds over your chipatis before you cook them.

If you haven't got a blender you can still make the same recipe, but you have to finely chop everything which is a pain.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Nicepix said:

Sprinkle some cumin seeds over your chipatis before you cook them.

I'll give that a spin :) I got these sesame seeds because someone said they go good on falafal. But, that one got sort of lost in the mists of time. I simply can't get my hands on the fresh herbs that's said to need.

Wonder how sesame would go with chipatis? Thinking about it? The way I scoff them practically as fast as I make them? I think I'll just chuck a few of each seeds on a pair and do a taste test :good:

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'll give that a spin :) I got these sesame seeds because someone said they go good on falafal. But, that one got sort of lost in the mists of time. I simply can't get my hands on the fresh herbs that's said to need.

Wonder how sesame would go with chipatis? Thinking about it? The way I scoff them practically as fast as I make them? I think I'll just chuck a few of each seeds on a pair and do a taste test :good:

if you`ve got a windowsill that gets some sunlight you can grow herbs, the small supermarket ones in small pots do extremely well  if you repot them, I stuck a ALDI basil plant in a 6" pot about 3 months ago, the bloody thing is now about 20" high and 18" across, would try coriander but the windowsill is now full

• Like 4

Postman turned up today. Scared me to fukking death! Thought he might be bringing me a brown one.

Then, he hands me some fukking package? I managed Not to blurt my usual, stupid; " What's This??? " (As if He'd fukking know! ? I'm always doing that!)

Stared at it. Suggested it must be from my brother. Saw it was from Cheshire and gave up! No idea what so ever what it was.

I'd clean forgotten! :boogy: Next time I make bhaji's? I'll be like Gordon fukking Ramsey!!! :D

P4260495.JPG.db7aa3ad8e1b9e6412ceb5d421b27823.JPG

British Steel! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I've Got Tits!!! :boogy: Finally Done it! Bought a tenners worth of Chickens Tits! Now What The Fukk am I gonna do with them?! :D

@NEWKID said, above, I should keep trying New Things? In honesty? I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. I'm Extremely cautious around anything new. But, chunks after chunks. Week after week after ..... I looked in my freezer, earlier, and Thought;

" Fukk me! I'm alright for beef curries then! "

Now, I have chunks and  tits available. I'm excited! :boogy:

Al's Big into his chicken! Seems like 75% of what he does is chicken. Then lamb. Barely touches beef. Which I consume by the cow!

Dunno. I'll have to spend some quality time reviewing his vid's again, now. Korma? Obviously ;) But, he likes his Tika's. Oh! And Tandoori? He Loves That! But, I seem to remember that needs cooking in a " Tandoori Oven "??? Get back to that one then!

Okay. I'm fukking Hyped here! I've broken out of the mould! Here's what's on my mind most, from here on in. Comments or advice ~ of the sort you'd give to a mans face ? ~ please!

1. Chicken Tits ..... Any particular type of chicken curry I should search Al for?

2. Chipatis. Do I have to make a fukking full length Film here? Show you guys, so Someone might spot what I'm doing wrong? I'm eye fukking either the Flour itself. Or my Kneading, frankly ?

Dunno. They just Never balloon up. No where near it. I've tried every temperature on the dial. They just end up a little flat and over cooked, if I'm honest?  Help! Please!

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I've Got Tits!!! :boogy: Finally Done it! Bought a tenners worth of Chickens Tits! Now What The Fukk am I gonna do with them?! :D

@NEWKID said, above, I should keep trying New Things? In honesty? I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. I'm Extremely cautious around anything new. But, chunks after chunks. Week after week after ..... I looked in my freezer, earlier, and Thought;

" Fukk me! I'm alright for beef curries then! "

Now, I have chunks and  tits available. I'm excited! :boogy:

Al's Big into his chicken! Seems like 75% of what he does is chicken. Then lamb. Barely touches beef. Which I consume by the cow!

Dunno. I'll have to spend some quality time reviewing his vid's again, now. Korma? Obviously ;) But, he likes his Tika's. Oh! And Tandoori? He Loves That! But, I seem to remember that needs cooking in a " Tandoori Oven "??? Get back to that one then!

Okay. I'm fukking Hyped here! I've broken out of the mould! Here's what's on my mind most, from here on in. Comments or advice ~ of the sort you'd give to a mans face ? ~ please!

1. Chicken Tits ..... Any particular type of chicken curry I should search Al for?

2. Chipatis. Do I have to make a fukking full length Film here? Show you guys, so Someone might spot what I'm doing wrong? I'm eye fukking either the Flour itself. Or my Kneading, frankly ?

Dunno. They just Never balloon up. No where near it. I've tried every temperature on the dial. They just end up a little flat and over cooked, if I'm honest?  Help! Please!

He did a 'screaming hot' phall, a couple of weeks ago, using chicken.  Look for that one mate.

Was too hot for him, so he gave it to one of his mates.  Looked a good one though.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1

Saw that one! (I'm Subscribed) Laughed for a fukking week!!! ?

Fear That sort of shit though! This jar of dried, chopped Jalipino Green Peppers I have here Terrify me now!

I think a Doctors appointment, last week, has told me as much as I need to know about my tolerance to swallowing hot coals. I'm just not brought up or accustomed to That mad shit! :icon_eek:

• Haha 1