Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

On 27/03/2021 at 04:46, Ken's Deputy said:

What was that tv show where a random member of the audience handed a top chef a bag of disconnected stuff, and chef had to rustle up a meal from it? 

Ready steady cook, Ainsley Harriet hosted it ?? 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

On 26/01/2021 at 22:31, neil82 said:

Chapaties are easier, can dig out the recipe I use if you want it, very simple to do

@neil82

As I've been bouncing round the chube like a pin ball, checking and trying half a dozen recipes, I guess you never did show me yours?

Please do! I'm happy enough with what I'm producing / eating (Fukk knows, I could all but Live On the fukking things! They're fukking Gorgeous!) I'm just not seeing what I see on the chube.

I can't get that 'Puffed up like a pillow' effect, while cooking. Nor am I finding the insides 'multi layered and soft' looking.

None of it's an issue really, as I just can't keep my fukking hands off what I Do produce! :D  Just ever curious to improve / Get closer to 'authenticity'.

Salt! I've been digging around in here half the night, trying to find that salt! Pink? Himalayan? What? It might have been you who suggested one? @mushroom too?

Anyway, got my 'Salt Pig' now. Keen to chuck out the 'Economy Table Salt' shit I grabbed as a make do. Get some Real shit in ;)

Thanks!

Just now, Ken's Deputy said:

@neil82

As I've been bouncing round the chube like a pin ball, checking and trying half a dozen recipes, I guess you never did show me yours?

Please do! I'm happy enough with what I'm producing / eating (Fukk knows, I could all but Live On the fukking things! They're fukking Gorgeous!) I'm just not seeing what I see on the chube.

I can't get that 'Puffed up like a pillow' effect, while cooking. Nor am I finding the insides 'multi layered and soft' looking.

None of it's an issue really, as I just can't keep my fukking hands off what I Do produce! :D  Just ever curious to improve / Get closer to 'authenticity'.

Salt! I've been digging around in here half the night, trying to find that salt! Pink? Himalayan? What? It might have been you who suggested one? @mushroom too?

Anyway, got my 'Salt Pig' now. Keen to chuck out the 'Economy Table Salt' shit I grabbed as a make do. Get some Real shit in ;)

Thanks!

It's salt, hailing from where the mountains of the Indian and Asian continents collide.

Very precious ?

28 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

@neil82

Thanks!

Yes pink himalayan is the best, purest on the planet. 

13 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yes pink himalayan is the best, purest on the planet. 

And yet:

What is bad about Himalayan salt?
They have no known health benefits, and many of them are known to be harmful. The list includes many poisons like mercury, arsenic, lead, and thallium. Himalayan salt ingredients also include radioactive elements: radium, uranium, polonium, plutonium, and many others.” 31 Mar 2020

:icon_eek:

Thus I'm now fancying " Celtic Sea Salt ". My man, Gordon ~ the Chef. Not the Moron ~ sides with wet.

Frankly? I'd really prefer to put Nothing coming out of the sea, these days, in my mouth. But, compared to anything from Pakistan ....?! ?

250g wholemeal flour, couple of tablespoons of oil, pinch of salt, (I use a bit of lemon juice) and then enough water for it to form a dough, I roll then to about the thickness of a pound coin, should be cooked with no colour but I prefer them to have some, they do puff up when cooking but soon collapse, if yours are not rising then the dough might be a bit too dry, as for salt, A, we eat too much of it and B, if you ease off it it does not take long for you not to miss it.

I`ve got two types, usual powdered table salt for general use and some sea salt crystals to go on top of a loaf when a make my own bread

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, neil82 said:

I roll then to about the thickness of a pound coin

:icon_eek: Fascinating! I'd always got the impression one had to flatten them out to about the 'thickness' of a sheet of cling film! Damn!

I was watching a lady, today, she'd been making them since she was fourteen. Taught by her grandma. Used one of those spiteful looking little 'rolling pins', more like a fat bellied knitting needle? She could spin those muvva's out rounder than a fukking record! Every time!

Dashed out into the kitchen and cried all over the geometric spastic shit I was producing! But, at least they were thin as fukking cling film and rose only like youthful acne ?

I am SO fukking happy!!! :D

P3310494.JPG.71d942641ed35f6837372fca5f45ef01.JPG

The Weight of this thing!!! Honest to god; If the wife came at you with This muvva fukka? You'd be out the door! Absolute, British quality! You just can't Buy gear like this any more!

Well; Unless you go on ebay and click for 'Used'! Then search for, Ask For, " Made In England "

Another little 'Pride and Joy' for my splendid kitchen! :boogy:

Exactly what it's for, mate! And I am So chuffed with it! Real Sheffield steel! Wooden handle!

Just waiting for my Ceramic mixing bowl to arrive now - from Derbyshire - and I'll knock up a shed load of onion bhajis! :D

Got a recipe, in my note book, for a Jalfrezi. Just waiting on some chillies and I'll give that a go.

May have to pick up a crafty bottle of Shiraz too! ?

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Got a recipe, in my note book, for a Jalfrezi. Just waiting on some chillies and I'll give that a go.

May have to pick up a crafty bottle of Shiraz too

You is learning fast, my friend ?

• Like 1

This one's just for @jigsaw

Dogs vomit? I'll give you Dog Vomit! :D

CPC.JPG.7dde02b0ee0c7f78da3d36932c02ec2f.JPG

Vegan friendly, Chick Pea Curry, that is! Dog ever vomited That? I'd probably shoot the poor thing myself! :(

Must admit; It's not one I'd wish to repeat. Frankly? I found it rather bland and flavourless, except for the garlic, which now has me breathing fire and glad I'm alone.

But, there we are. I tried it. It's fed me for today and saved my Red Pig for another day.

1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

This one's just for @jigsaw

Dogs vomit? I'll give you Dog Vomit! :D

CPC.JPG.7dde02b0ee0c7f78da3d36932c02ec2f.JPG

Vegan friendly, Chick Pea Curry, that is! Dog ever vomited That? I'd probably shoot the poor thing myself! :(

Must admit; It's not one I'd wish to repeat. Frankly? I found it rather bland and flavourless, except for the garlic, which now has me breathing fire and glad I'm alone.

But, there we are. I tried it. It's fed me for today and saved my Red Pig for another day.

FFS,go see a shrink if you find that's even possible to put in yet mouth....it's like human excretion in a pot......that stuff should have been left where it was found first day

• Like 1
  • Haha 2