Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

It's funny, actually. I just stopped, then. Thought to myself; " What, exactly, do I mean there? I mean; How else can one make a curry? " I actually had to think for a minute before I remembered. " Oh, yeah! I used to make a watery stew and just lob a big spoon full of 'curry powder' in it! ? "

That shit was nothing to do with a curry! It was fukking disgusting! No Fukking Way I could ever contemplate going back to that shit! Now I've been shown the True way, I'm an absolute covert! :D

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Too much rice to curry content for me. ?

My plate was more unbalanced in favour of curry lol and I went back for another helping.

Beef was beautifully cooked and gravy perfectly balanced, spice wise. I would prefer more chillies but the Mrs isn't in favour of arse magma in the morning ?

Excellent point about the chick peas, Mush'! I was thinking, tonight; What Al' tends to do it get us to put meat ~ he's a real chicken head ~ in gravy with a mixture of spices.

And that's it! So, you end up with a plate of deliciously flavoured meat in gravy ?  That's why my customary bag of meat, which usually lasts a Big three feeds was gone in two. There was simply no packer.

I like chick peas too. Bloody lovely! I've seen a lot of vegans swear by chick pea curry. Fine. I'll have plenty of meat with mine, thanks.

Definitely something I'll have to look into though. 'Beefing Up' my curries.

Flat broke to the point of overdrawn, this week. Next week though, I'll have to start looking for the makings of a Beef Rendang :)

24 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Excellent point about the chick peas, Mush'! I was thinking, tonight; What Al' tends to do it get us to put meat ~ he's a real chicken head ~ in gravy with a mixture of spices.

And that's it! So, you end up with a plate of deliciously flavoured meat in gravy ?  That's why my customary bag of meat, which usually lasts a Big three feeds was gone in two. There was simply no packer.

I like chick peas too. Bloody lovely! I've seen a lot of vegans swear by chick pea curry. Fine. I'll have plenty of meat with mine, thanks.

Definitely something I'll have to look into though. 'Beefing Up' my curries.

Flat broke to the point of overdrawn, this week. Next week though, I'll have to start looking for the makings of a Beef Rendang :)

It seems to me you are paying way way too much for spices mate. I've used less than a quids worth in a huge pan (kilo of beef, half kilo of chickpeas, two large onions, two small cans chopped toms) 

Spices

Corriander seeds & powder, cloves, cinnamon, cumin powder, green cardamom, garam marsala ground ginger.

Are you sure none of the major supermarkets will deliver to your gaff?

All it is, Mush'; I didn't know how much of what I might typically need So, like, yeah I really fukked myself over with paying five or seven quid for a half mug sized tin of Turmeric. K of that shit would probably cost the same. And I'd fukking use it!

Cloves? I use One in a two meal batch of rice. I have about 500g of the f****n things!

Cardamom pods? Bought a stupid little 'sample' sized pack. Ungodly money. Need a shit ton of those too. I'll get there. Amazon Prime provides.

And, no. Tesco have frozen their home delivery service ?

first question is, are you in the UK, if you are look here  Spices | Cooking Ingredients | Chinese, Thai, Indian | Buy Online | Tradewinds (tradewindsorientalshop.co.uk), next is do you use canned or dried chickpea`s, bin the tins, you have the time and look like your prepared to put the effort into a decent plate of grub, soak a small amount of dried peas over night (they will near enough treble in size) then boil gently for about an hour, the taste will get you throwing the tinned stuff out to attract pigeons (when you stick them in a curry, flash fry and stir in for the last 10 minutes, easy to overcook pigeon breasts)

• Like 1

Yeppers. I already have it in mind to buy a sack of chick peas, Neil ;) That's what I do. Anything dry and storable, which I can guarantee I'll get through? By the sack.

I was given a few tins, by someone who was clearing their cupboard out. Can't remember how I scoffed them. Probably in that filth I then called a 'curry'. I liked them.

Oh! As it happens? I still have some dried Peas in the storage bin I'd like to put the Chickers in. Think I'll just chuck the chick peas in with the green peas and stir the lot up. Do a Sid! :D

I Like chickies though. A Lot! And they're a so much more legitimate thing to put in a curry than spuds. Not that spuds are out the window! Just about anything that can stretch two feeds into three would all the more justify the effort and time that goes into it.

I'd be shopping right now. Only, I've had a blow out month - even by my carefree standards! I'm flat broke till Friday ?

Happy Days though! ?