Foodies Of The Massive; My Curry?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a very basic curry ,no chillies ,tomatoes ,spice ,herbs ,Pakistani pubic hairs ?

Oh, you poor, miserable fukkas!!! You weren't here, tonight, to help me get amongst These!!! Al' Rocks!  Nuff fukking said!!!

Oh; Dear Fukking God!!! Sorry. I Know I said I'd put a shot on 'What's Cooking'. But, why break from This thread, to show what amounts to the Culmination of all this? I tried to take a grea

Posted Images

My Jars!!!

I ordered four. One arrived today. Other three, any time now. I photographed the one. But, one shot only shows one aspect. You'll need to see two of these beauties, to get the full effect! These things are To Fukking Die For!!! :D

Glass. One litre. Screw top. Made in Germany. 400g of Garam Masala (powder) sorted! I now have my salt, baking soda and cloves to rehome. Then, at a fiver a piece? I'll gladly snap these babies up, as fast as I can find other things to put in them! :D

The rest might come tomorrow? Either way, I'm just So stoked, I had to mention them!

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

My Jars!!!

I ordered four. One arrived today. Other three, any time now. I photographed the one. But, one shot only shows one aspect. You'll need to see two of these beauties, to get the full effect! These things are To Fukking Die For!!! :D

Glass. One litre. Screw top. Made in Germany. 400g of Garam Masala (powder) sorted! I now have my salt, baking soda and cloves to rehome. Then, at a fiver a piece? I'll gladly snap these babies up, as fast as I can find other things to put in them! :D

The rest might come tomorrow? Either way, I'm just So stoked, I had to mention them!

what other spices are you getting?

Dunno, yet, Neil. As I've repeatedly tried to slam home, here; I'm following Al's Kitchen, on the chube.

This is because I'm a little bit OCD with learning new shit. I need to fix on a bench mark. Especially when I'm having to even google curry names, to get the faintest clue what they're supposedly all about.

But, yeah, I burned some midnight oil, last night. I now have my eye firmly fixed on a couple I'd no idea about. Think it's a Dhansak and maybe even a Biryani?

Haven't even had time to look up what Al' might put into his recipes. But, each new one tends to throw up a new ingredient or so.

Of course, some things only need a half teaspoon in something that may last me for ever. For that, I'll buy the minimum amount available. I don't even mind if I pay through the nose, for a one off.

Some stuff though seems to be a staple of Everything? That sort of shit - or anything else 'useful' that 'has to' come by the 100's of G's? I'll try to match it to these Gorgeous jars (Just wait till you see them! :D) And, at a fiver a pop? I'd buy them all day!!

Actually; I must see if they do other sizes?!

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Dunno, yet, Neil. As I've repeatedly tried to slam home, here; I'm following Al's Kitchen, on the chube.

This is because I'm a little bit OCD with learning new shit. I need to fix on a bench mark. Especially when I'm having to even google curry names, to get the faintest clue what they're supposedly all about.

But, yeah, I burned some midnight oil, last night. I now have my eye firmly fixed on a couple I'd no idea about. Think it's a Dhansak and maybe even a Biryani?

Haven't even had time to look up what Al' might put into his recipes. But, each new one tends to throw up a new ingredient or so.

Of course, some things only need a half teaspoon in something that may last me for ever. For that, I'll buy the minimum amount available. I don't even mind if I pay through the nose, for a one off.

Some stuff though seems to be a staple of Everything? That sort of shit - or anything else 'useful' that 'has to' come by the 100's of G's? I'll try to match it to these Gorgeous jars (Just wait till you see them! :D) And, at a fiver a pop? I'd buy them all day!!

cumin, coriander and turmeric, for chilli just get a jar of the pre chopped stuff from aldi unless you have a good veg shop close by to buy fresh from, garlic buy bulbs and if you follow Al`s recipes and need a load of it separate the bulbs into cloves then soak overnight in cold water, makes peeling them easier, end up doing 10 bulbs at a time in the local indian, the soaking also keeps the smell off your hands

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

400 grms of garam massala will last you a lifetime

it will go stale before you even use 10grams of it

once you get the hang of using spices you`ll get out of the habit of using pinches of stuff, teaspoons are the right measure, half of one should be the minimum of anything but hot chilli if your cooking for 2, I cocked up ordering turmeric and thought I`d end up throwing some away, ended up buying more, minimum size bag I buy is 100g, just store them well, jars with good seals and keep in a dark dry place

• Like 2

This is it!

A/ I've long since posted, on this thread, how I'm obsessive about trying to gauge the spices I'll need a constant supply of.

B/ It absolutely does my fukking head in to have an opened packet of anything on the shelf! For one, it's sucking air and staling. For two? It just Looks so fukking untidy! (No Homo! I can live with a certain level of 'filth'. Just can't do 'Disarray'!)

Happily, my kitchen is a pretty 'dark' place, anyway. No, direct, natural light what so ever.

But, yeah; Getting shit out of plastic bags and into sealed, glass jars is a big hobby of mine.

And, yes, Turmeric already looks like a Major player! Fukk me, have I got through That?!

Powdered Coriander, I had 600g of. That's getting some use. Fresh? I have to freeze it. But ...

Cumin? I wound up with a Kilo of fukking Seeds! (Just the way Amazon goes, some times) But, I can dry fry them, as needed. Blender blitz those fukkers into powder.

This whole shit's just opened up a whole new interest in life, for me :)

53 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

This is it!

A/ I've long since posted, on this thread, how I'm obsessive about trying to gauge the spices I'll need a constant supply of.

B/ It absolutely does my fukking head in to have an opened packet of anything on the shelf! For one, it's sucking air and staling. For two? It just Looks so fukking untidy! (No Homo! I can live with a certain level of 'filth'. Just can't do 'Disarray'!)

Happily, my kitchen is a pretty 'dark' place, anyway. No, direct, natural light what so ever.

But, yeah; Getting shit out of plastic bags and into sealed, glass jars is a big hobby of mine.

And, yes, Turmeric already looks like a Major player! Fukk me, have I got through That?!

Powdered Coriander, I had 600g of. That's getting some use. Fresh? I have to freeze it. But ...

Cumin? I wound up with a Kilo of fukking Seeds! (Just the way Amazon goes, some times) But, I can dry fry them, as needed. Blender blitz those fukkers into powder.

This whole shit's just opened up a whole new interest in life, for me :)

if you use cups for measuring then for one person just under half a cup of rice, teaspoon of turmeric, bit under half of cumin seeds and if you have them a few cardamom pods (just try not to eat the pods, pick them out and bin them), makes the rice a bit more interesting, one thing I would recommend is buy a small note book and write down the mixes you try and put a note with it about the flavour, also don`t get hung up on only using spices for curries, the small salad potato`s are blinding when roasted with a good blend of spice to the point where you can squash them just enough to crack them open and toss in a good oil and spice blend then give them another 10 minutes my Mrs is a pig with them, left alone she could polish off half a kilo of spuds alone

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Cheers, D.

45390.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

No, mate! I actually mentioned this, just the other day. Possibly even on my fox feeding thread? My freezer's so rammed, I have no where to put shit. For example; My Base Gravy? I put that into a square box and froze it. Plan is to now chop it up with my sawzall. Portion it.

But, where the fukk would I stuff all these baggies? Better to leave it, a smaller cube in the bottom corner.

Then, there's my main fridge being in hibernation. That's cost me a jar of paste and some onion bhaji mix :( What's a man to do?

Never mind. Light's at the end of the tunnel. I'll have a Second freezer soon. Then I can crack on :) I even have a load of beef chunks, in the freezer, waiting to become curries! I'd come That close!